RESTON, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Simplexity (dba Wirefly.com) in their search for an Vice President of Marketing based in Reston, VA. Wirefly is the #1 online retailer of cell phones with cell phone plans.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Simplexity is one of America’s largest marketers of cell phones and cell phone plans. They run two businesses: Wirefly.com which sells directly to consumers, and a private label business which manages the cell phone online retail businesses of their partners like RadioShack. Think of Simplexity as the Expedia of the cell phone business: They’re an aggregator of wireless products and plans, and their mission is to “simplify” the selection process for their customers. This $400 million company seeks a VP of Marketing to grow the business and improve its brand positioning in its target markets.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual is the brand steward for Wirefly.com coupled with creating and leading customer acquisition and retention marketing programs. The ideal candidate is a proactive, enterprising, forward-thinking individual with a business development mindset who has demonstrated a history of bringing added value to an organization.
- Define the Wirefly Brand positioning
- Design and implement customer contact strategiesdefine campaigns, manage the promotional calendar, determine optimal customer flow, and ensure profitable sales
- Develop marketing strategies and lead channel marketing efforts across Organic Search Engine Optimization, Affiliate Program Management, Online Display Advertising, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and review sites), Referral Program, Email Marketing and offline media.
- Oversee the execution of the marketing strategy on a day-to-day basis, including voice/tone/character, and editorial/promotional calendar
- Work with key internal stakeholders, in particular merchandising and marketing to ensure key business objectives are met
- Develop and coach team.
- Manage marketing staff, establishing goals, executing strategies and fostering a culture of teamwork and productivity
- Work internally and with outside agencies to manage aspects of planning and implementation of online marketing campaigns including email, affiliate, referral, radio
- 8-10 yrs. of marketing mgmt. experience
- Min. of 5 years of solid Internet/digital marketing
- E-Commerce & Online retail experience HUGE PLUS – knowledge of internet technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Managerial experience and team building
- Knowledgeable in SEO, Affiliate, Display, Social, Email Marketing and offline media.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA/MS strongly preferred
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1339 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.