FREDERICK, MD – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with iHire in their search for a Vice President of Technology and Operations based in historic Frederick, Maryland. iHire, LLC has grown consistently since its start in 2000 and is on-track for a planned major expansion. iHire operates niche job boards, distinguished by services to candidates seeking work.
The market for Employment Services exceeds $170 billion annually. The company offers the most critical services to the market now and is positioned to expand its product offerings. The evolution of online employment services has been rapid and is accelerating. iHire is differentiated from, but competes successfully with, Monster.com, CareerBuilder, TheLadders, and literally thousands of smaller Internet-based employment services. iHire is a multi million dollar company with over 50 team members. Check out their spike in traffic …
iHire expects in-depth .NET experience. Ideally, the Vice President of Technology and Operations will be a very hard working, hands-on manager with experience with B2C e-commerce sites that offer a subscription model. Typical subscription models are financial advice sites like Motley Fool, dating sites like Match.com, training sites like MindTools.com, etc.
Candidates should have good job tenure on prior jobs with strength in four experience areas:
Strong manager capable of building and developing high performance team
- Subscription site experience.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for technology, personnel, and other resources that deliver client services to iHire customers.
Major areas of responsibility are:
- P & L responsibility as appropriate and agreed upon with President
- Website development and maintenance – Top-Notch Web Presence
- finding, developing, retaining and motivating the talent required to execute successfully
- Oversee vendor selection, services, products, and relations
- Strive to implement the iHire Mission and Vision flawlessly, punctually, and cost-effectively. And, above all, exceed client expectations.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the Operations function of iHire. Responsible for the performance of personnel, infrastructure, contractors, and consultants.
- Creates plans for the control of planned outputs – budgets, spending, labor efficiency, and hardware.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards.
- Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Presents monthly reports on performance as requested by the President.
- Develops and presents, to the President, matters requiring a decision.
- Develops and recommends operations policy.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of operations.
- Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Creates cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower, equipment, and facilities requirements forecasts.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of iHire in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Creates major projects involving significant changes within the functional areas.
- Assures extensive testing and the release of robust systems and robust changes to existing systems.
- Develops plans for new areas of technology for client service functions along with sufficient planning for areas that support the company mission.
- Member of staff executive committee
- Creates the implementation of organizational plans that support the company planning.
- Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issues specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of operations management.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly and recommends compensation for them.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of units immediately reporting to him or her and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, recommends effective personnel action.
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility and, as appropriate throughout company.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Coordinates activities of assigned units with those of other company units. Seeks consensus on problems involving coordination.
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports. Submits budgets for assigned activities in accordance with the budget procedure. Approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts.
- Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training for subordinates and ensures that the authority and responsibility for each position are defined and understood.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all subordinates are defined and understood.
- B.S., Engineering or Business. Computer Science undergraduate with MBA would be ideal. Degrees from top engineering schools preferred.
- Self-starter with outstanding verifiable record of accomplishment.
- A minimum of three (5) years as a Director of Operations in an Internet, consulting, or employment-services-related company, with the responsibilities for IT and with P&L responsibility.
- A minimum of responsibility for 25 full-time equivalents including employees, consultants, or contract employees.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills (principles and people.)
- Line management responsibilities strongly desired and entrepreneurial orientation essential.
- Experience in working in a high-performance, mission critical environment.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1316 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: