CHARLOTTE, NC – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for a Director, Ecommerce Creative, based in Charlotte, NC. Belk, Inc. is the nation's largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers' needs for fashion, value and quality.
Recently, the company rebranded itself to critical acclaim. See for yourself …
The role of the Director, eCommerce Creative is to manage a team of Web designers, copywriters, developer, production, and User Experience to creatively design and deploy web content. Responsibilities Include:
- Obtain corporate creative and banding direction from VP Creative Director
- Direct creative activities for Belk's online and interactive space
- Set creative direction, style guide, and design quality standard
- Oversee work requests and manage team workload
- Manage photography used for online and interactive
- Deliver creative content for product detail, promotional gels, and all other online and interactive areas
- Represent team in cross functional and cross levels communication
- Coach and nurture team members through frequent feedback regarding performance
- Direct creative and production functions for online, interactive, email, mobile, social, and new media content. Obtain corporate creative and branding direction from VP Creative Director and translate to creative direction for these areas. Finalize decisions determine how these areas' content tie into Belk branding. Direct and control the management and coordination of production activities required for site operations of continuously refreshed online sites. Provide technical direction to front end development. Establishes the conceptual direction and operating principles that inform the design of the user's experience with the organization's online sites and content. Responsible for sales via establishing "look and feel", user experience, style guide, design concepts, design quality standard, process management and improvements, and production productivity.
- Represent eCommerce team and effectively communicate with all levels / all areas within and outside the Belk organization in a brand centric and inspiring manner. Work closely with Integration Program Manager, Online Merchants, Online Marketing, Corporate Marketing Creative, and Sales Promotions to deliver quality results on schedule.
- Effectively leading team in this highly production centric environment, set structure to prioritize and manage creative requests from all areas, managing delivery according to creative production calendar, embrace constant changes and high volume workload demands, implement process improvements and system automation opportunities by gaining senior management support and lead team to changes.
- Partner with Integration Program Manager to schedule projects based upon available resources and team skill sets. Budget hours required to complete, assign appropriate resources, track progress, obtain approval for creative concepts and implement finished design according to established deadlines.
- Coach, review and approve the work of creative staffs to deliver brand-right, engaging, relevant, and compelling promotions. Direct and inspire creation and implementation of creative concepts. Identify staffs development and training opportunities in this fast pace environment. Assemble a strong team with diverse design style that compliments each others and various interactive designs utilizing latest technology (Flash, jQuery, AJAX, etc.)
- Partner with Photography Director in obtaining creative assets that reflect Belk brand and are optimized for specific digital environment experience, such as online and interactive. Involving with model, stylist, lighting, set / scene design, photography, and retouching as needed.
- Position requires individual to have creative vision at the strategic level and ability to execute at the operational level, proven team and project management, organization and people savvy skills, demonstrate leadership in people development, process improvement, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, organizational and logic skills, detail orientations, customer focus, time management, a professional demeanor and positive attitude, have the ability to work in a fast-paced, accelerated timeframes, multidiscipline environment, the ability to work well with a team, ability to manage multiple time sensitive priorities, ability to quickly adapt to change in priorities, and good written and oral communications skills.
- A BFA degree in design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Web Creative (design and copy) Experience: 10+ years.
- Web Production Experience: 5+ years
- Management Experience: 5+ years
- Project Management Experience: 3+ years.
- Photo Studio Management Experience: 3+ years
- Internet Experience: 3+ years.
- Retail Experience: 3+ years
- Print Experience: 1+ year
- Proven creative and design skills
- Knowledge of digital photography and styling
- Excellent people, organizational, and communication skills
- Track record in gaining collaboration and alignment from diverse teams with strong view points
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1315 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: