EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We're working with Zumiez in their search for an experienced and capable Online Category Manager to join our existing team of merchandising experts based in Everett, WA. Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories. Zumiez stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX. As of November 27, 2010, Zumiez operated 400 stores, which are primarily located in shopping malls,and a web site: www.zumiez.com.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
- Develop and execute an online merchandising strategy that meets business objectives for the Zumiez.com. Plans will include objectives, strategies as well as detailed timing and tactics for the online customer experience, promotions, key messages, online merchandising, and integration with offsite and offline merchandising programs.
- Develop pre-season financial, inventory and assortment plans to maximize sales and profitability.
- Collaborate with buying and planning partners to develop and manage assortments, inventories, and allocations that maximize sales and profitability. Identify and execute opportunities for exclusive products and assortments.
- Develop and manage the promotional calendar for Zumiez.com. Select and drive featured products and set product messaging strategy. Identify product focuses for customer marketing based on product assortment, inventory management and purchase trends.
- Manage day to day execution of online merchandising programs (Seasonal calendars, categorization, sequencing, merchandising tools, inventory, turnover, assortment planning, etc.) to maximize sales and profit.
- Conduct ongoing analyses to improve E-Commerce performance, product mix, pricing, and promotions. (e.g., free shipping, gift with purchase); own analysis on SKU performance, sell-through, and selection.
- Collaborate with the Product, Customer Care, Fulfillment and Production teams to communicate E-Commerce business trends as well as event plans to ensure optimal inventory levels. Coordinate resolution of out-of-stock issues.
- Analyze, report, plan and communicate results and action plans for all areas of responsibility (product analysis, selling reports and, website metrics to optimize product assortment and placement).
- Lead efforts to improve overall merchandise presentation and ease of shopping on the website to improve conversion
- Play a key role in developing the new features and functionality for website redesigns that improve conversion rate. Assist in the design, development, testing and post evaluation phases of site redesigns.
- 5-7 years relevant retail buying and/or online merchandising experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute online merchandising programs (e.g. Categorization, Sequencing, Seasonal programs, Promotions, Shopping Tools, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion for multi-channel retail, technology, e-Commerce, the internet, and marketing.
- Familiarity with basic web analytics platforms/tools (Google Analytics, Core Metrics, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, creative problem-solving skills, organized.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to influence peers and external partners.
- Ability to learn on the fly, react quickly, and reprioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations.
- Consistent positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines.
- 3-5 years experience working with standard web analytics tools (see list above).
- Through knowledge of retail math (e.g. gross margin, open to buy, mark up calculations, turnover)
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard data manipulation tools — Access, Sequel, etc.
- Expert or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Power Point.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1290 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: