NEW YORK CITY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Donald J Pliner in their search for a Director of eCommerce based in New York, NY. Donald J Pliner offers footwear, leatherwear, handbags, and belts. The company also manufactures pet accessories, as well as a collection of outerwear, collars, leashes, harnesses, day carriers, and airline carriers for dogs in Italy and Spain. It serves department and independent stores in the United States and internationally. Donald Pliner is a real person, and today serves as DJP’s creative director. The company’s product lines are fantastic.
DJP has store locations in Beverly Hills and San Jose, California; Miami, Aventura, and Coral Gables, Florida; New York, New York; Houston, Texas; and Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, the company provides its products online.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Last summer I was contacted by a top-tier VC firm, Castanea Partners, based in Boston. Founded in 2001, Castanea Partners is a $575 million fund with investments in information services, marketing services, branded consumer products, and specialty retail. Brilliant people. Nice, too. At the time, Castanea had just completed an equity investment in UrbanDecay.com, and they asked for my assistance in finding UrbanDecay a new Director of Ecommerce. Which I did …
Since then, Castanea has sought my assistance on other ecommerce searches — including Donald J Pliner.
DJP has a new CEO, Noel Hord, former President and COO of Nine West. Last week I spent 90 minutes discussing this search with Mr. Hord, and I’m convinced that DJP’s best days are ahead of it. Mr. Hord knows the footwear business ice cold. And he’s an incredibly stand up guy.
Take this job, and you’ll be working very closely with Noel Hord. The same education would cost you $100K/up at Harvard Business School. Plus, you’d get unparalleled visibility to the folks at Castanea Partners at a time in history when having these types of connections could lead to untold great things. You want a great job with a seat at the table? Here ’tis.
I’ve dealt with a number of first class VC’s, and their tendency is to surround themselves with proven talent and rely on those resources again and again. If you have ever wanted to work with really smart people and make a difference with your work — now’s your chance.
There’s a lot more to know about this company, the role, and the incredible compensation package. For more info, read on …
Role Outlines & Key Responsibilities:
- Rebuild eCommerce platform and strategy for DJP brand
- Identify, hire, and manage 3rd party resources to re-launch DJP website
- Relaunch DJP website with appropriate analytical tools, social capabilities, and commercial functionality
- Develop refreshed email marketing strategy
- Build internal team to drive DJP eCommerce business
- Identify and work productively with 3rd parties
- Determine which functions should be in-sourced vs. out-sourced (i.e. SEO)
- Develop strong relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Stay at forefront of industry developments and shift resources appropriately as new technologies emerge
- Drive improved performance along key eCommerce operating metrics (monthly uniques, average order value, conversion rate, #skus per order, etc).
- Deliver 3-year strategy and financial forecast for DJP to incorporate brand position, email, social marketing, blogging, etc.
- Achieve financial projections – sales, margin, and direct contribution
- Refresh forecast annually along with capital expenditure and personnel budget to support growth objectives
- Develop strong relationship with CEO and work well in an entrepreneurial environment
- Take responsibility for ecommerce P&L
- Contribute to overall brand strategy and consumer communication plans
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.