VANCOUVER, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with iStores in their search for a Vice President of Marketing based in Vancouver, WA, just 10 minutes north of Portland, Oregon. In addition to being in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Washington State has no state income tax. Do you know what that means?? It means that your Washington dollars will buy 9.8% more stuff when they are spent just across the river in Portland. Like steroids for your wallet!
And culturally, Portland kicks butt. Yesirree, Bob. It’s the kind of place that cool, beautiful, outdoorsey people go on vacation.
I swear I’m not making this up:
Pretty cool, huh?
Anyway, iStores owns and operates multiple niche e-commerce websites — including Paintball-Online.com. The company’s Xtremez.com subsidiary has been listed in Internet Retailer magazine’s Top 500 Largest Retail Websites in America every year since 2006.
Basically, it’s the kind of place that any smart, creative, progressive ecommerce executive would want to work. The kind of person who likes to work hard and play hard. The kind of person who’s fed up with hierarchical, onion-like organizations. The kind of person who likes to win. The kind of person who’s ready to be judged by the numbers. The kind of person who wants to be paid in direct proportion to his contribution to his company’s growth.
The kind of person who’s ready for Portland’s killer food and micro brews.
And by the way: Harry has spent several hours discussing this search with iStores’ owner Adam Stites. This guy’s a smart, financially savvy, entrepreneurial young firebrand whose brands satisfy the needs of the rabid hobbyists they serve. Harry talks to ecommerce entrepreneurs all day, every day — and there’s a LOT to like about this role.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The first goal of the Vice President of Marketing will be to create and execute an online marketing plan to grow company revenue. This position has overall responsibility for company marketing, including P&L management, campaign measurement & optimization, direction of web merchandising, and other duties as required. Primary Responsibilities:
- P&L: Achieve internet sales and gross profit targets
- P&L: Advertising budget
- Creation and execution of marketing plan
- Research new opportunities (CPC management tools, retargeting, dynamic pricing, and other items which are currently queued up in Basecamp)
- Project management of marketing initiatives
- Management of all campaigns (CPC, CPM, SEO, Amazon, affiliate, data feeds, shopping networks) to maintain and exceed ROI requirements
- Site design and functionality
- Direction of web merchandising and production
- Manage the marketing team (3 production and 1 developer)
- Liaison with outside marketing vendors
- Minimum 3 years in online retail marketing
- Track record for achieving quantitative marketing objectives through a team
- Command of web analytics to measure ROI, basic HTML and graphics abilities
- Passion for analyzing consumers, behavior and market dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Information Science, Business, English, Journalism, Advertising, or Communications from four-year college or university
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1289 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: