CANTON, MA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with adidas in their search for a Senior Manager, Solution Design, based in Canton, MA. adidas strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with sports brands built on a passion for competition and a sporting lifestyle. What makes the adidas Group a special place goes way beyond the products. The growth opportunities presented to employees, the work climate they come to each day, and the focus on end results versus how they get there allow people to reach success in their very own way.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The head of eCommerce Innovation, Solution Design & Governance will lead a team of technical architects in the design of an innovative, state-of-the-art eCommerce platform with flexible and scalable solutions to support business strategy. Define a governance framework to enable performing, scalable, maintainable and cost effective eCommerce Solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement an eCom technical architecture platform strategy that is flexible to meet the business demand. Requires consulting with senior stakeholders.
- Set Architectural policies and standards. Provide governance to ensure strategy, policies and standards are followed.
- Review and enforce the technical architecture of all eCommerce solutions.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of Enterprise Wide n-tier architecture, software, platforms, development tools, web services, portal, web content, document management, LDAP, SOA and reporting to provide a technology Roadmap. Requires a diverse technology background.
- Provide worldwide technical oversight on all eCommerce platforms / projects / operations.
- Interact with product vendors to align the strategy with the product roadmaps and resources
- Manage, motivate and lead a team of solution architects (internal and external)
- Provide a collaborative environment and governance where several vendors and stakeholders can contribute to deliver critical strategic programs
- Ensure alignment with overall strategic roadmap with partners and vendors. Enforce policies and standards.
- Monitor the marketplace for new trends and opportunities in the eCommerce / Digital market. Provide input of these new trends into the eCommerce Strategy.
- Two years (plus) ecommerce (more than a single implementation – consulting background a plus) retail experience in high traffic global environments
- Has overseen several eCommerce implementations involving Off the Shelf eCommerce solutions and bespoke components such as, Hybris, ATG, IBM Websphere, Demandware, or Blue Martini
- Lead successful implementations involving Endeca, Page Builder, SOLR, and CMS
- Experience with global requirements (EU and US) and technical solutions.
- Infrastructure experience including: firewall, load balancing configuration, routers, application servers, etc. Candidate should have sufficient knowledge to provide guidance to the eCommerce team and guarantee scalable solutions.
- Consultative approach – providing options with pros and cons
- Detailed understanding of eCommerce best practices. PCI compliance, Payment Solutions, Catalog Management, UI design / SEO, fulfillment processes, Search and Navigation, Analytics
- Experience on projects involving enterprise system landscapes, SAP, WMS
- Experience driving cross functional governance and alignment
- Previous implementation of Architecture framework: TOGAF or similar
- Must be able to mentor, manage and have excellent stakeholder/collaborative partnering skills.
- Excellent communicator, able to present to an executive group
- Travel required (up to 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related function, MBA / Masters a plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1306 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: