CANTON, MA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with adidas in their search for a Senior Ecommerce Manager based in Canton, MA. adidas strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with sports brands built on a passion for competition and a sporting lifestyle. What makes the adidas Group a special place goes way beyond the products. The growth opportunities presented to employees, the work climate they come to each day, and the focus on end results versus how they get there allow people to reach success in their very own way.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The Sr. Manager, Demand & Delivery consolidates demand from all eCommerce stakeholders and manages the global demand portfolio. He/She leads a team of demand and delivery managers and analysts with full accountability for execution and delivery of the aligned eCom Roadmap. Owns and manages eCom processes from a functional perspective.
- Manage team of internal project managers and business analysts (approx 10 personnel)
- Lead global eCommerce platform demand management / governance process
- Turn approved demand into Requests for change (RFCs) and projects.
- Accountable for functional delivery of the aligned demand portfolio and eCommerce roadmap
- Implement and oversee a delivery framework global eCom platform
- Functional ownership of solutions supporting the eCommerce business model
- Manage and scale delivery resources to meet demand
- Ensure alignment with other GIT Competence Centers (CC)
- Maintain stakeholder & customer relationships: SPOC for Business, SPOC for Market IT, SPOC for GIT CC's
- Delivery and budget responsibility
- Ensure all RFCs and assigned projects are executed according to
- GIT and eCommerce CC standards, including change management process, functional specification development and testing process (test case development, etc.)
- Agreed baselines for scope, time, budget
- Assist with release planning
- Ensure demand management process with business including IT Champ and Business Champ concept is followed
- Ensure business functional ownership and standard process list for eCom is enforced and maintained
- Work with eCom Operations to establish business SLAs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate management skills and resource management skills with the goal to complete deliverables in time, quality and budget and/or meet expected service levels.
- Support eCom program management with pre Project Phases, assist with Project Preparation
- Execute demand planning and admin tasks (e.g. Budgeting)
- Continuously improve project delivery capabilities
- Proactively identify business improvement potential and work with eCom Program Management to convert this into project delivery
- Gain and maintain functional competence related to eCommerce
- Execute assigned tasks with a business goal orientation in mind
- Develop and maintain independence and self-organization within the daily work environment
- Maintain sound business, team and vendor relationships to ensure a high standard in customer service and satisfaction
- Meet quality and time targets or service levels to ensure the predictability of results
- Ensure compliance with all relevant adidas IT computing standards, policies and methodologies
- Educated to at least degree level in a Business Computing related subject or comparable qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience with IT management responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills
- Experienced stakeholder management Customer service focus.
- Project / Program manager experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into cost-efficient (IT) solutions
- Experience in working with onsite and offshore team setup.
- Experience working with external staff and suppliers.
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce
- Deep knowledge of methods and techniques applied in the IT delivery environment: espin respect to eCommerce
- International understanding and mentality
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Experience/knowledge of the footwear and or apparel industry are an advantage, but not necessary
- Open to Travel (likely not to exceed 20%)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1305 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: