BEAVERTON, OR – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Tektronix in their search for an experienced eBusiness Manager to lead their web team and implement their e-business strategies based in Beaverton, OR.
Whenever a web site is viewed, a mouse is clicked, a cell phone call is made or a TV turned on, Tektronix’s work is touched. Tektronix is a world leader in test, measurement and monitoring technology.
Tektronix’s customers work in communications, computer, semiconductor, military/aerospace, consumer electronics, education, broadcast and other fields all over the globe. Their reputations and success depend on Tektronix passion for solving their most complex measurement problems. Tektronix help them measure, analyze and test next generation devices to ensure accurate performance, reliability, and compatibility.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: When the hiring manager for Tektronix pitched me on this role, I had no idea what an oscilloscope is. But the more I heard, the more I liked this deal. This company is the Apple of the oscilloscope space. That may not sound like a big deal to you now, but trust me, the market for these things is very big and very established, and these guys dominate the space.
The company is 63 years old, and this is a GREAT gig. Everyone in Portland I’ve approached about this search knows who Tektronix is — and everyone up there seems to have a genuine reverence for the company. They totally dominate their competitive space, and if I pitch you on this search, you’ll hear about Tektronix’ massive online average order value, their fanatical customer loyalty, and the massive size of their worldwide house file. This role is loaded with low hanging fruit, and the underlying economics of this opportunity are incredible.
I get approached to handle ~200 searches per year, and my team only has time to take roughly half of those deals. We’re VERY selective about the company we keep, and we have been b.l.o.w.n. away by what a classy company this is.
Here’s a video of their 60th anniversary party back in 2006. Does this look like a fly-by-night company to you??
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Tektronix is taking their global web site to the next level, and needs someone who can balance strategic marketing thinking with hands-on technical execution to deliver measurable outcomes. The ideal candidate will have experience working with internet technologies, e-commerce, and content management systems and have managed teams in this space.
- Drive creation and communication of web strategies and translate strategic concepts into technical projects to drive online demand and conversion
- Plan and coordinate web site enhancements to develop best-in-class web experience that drives site visits (new and return) and maximizes conversion and revenue
- Drive development and implementation of ecommerce platform and marketing programs to achieve revenue objectives
- Work directly with marketing program managers and IT to develop online strategies and activities that improve acquisition and retention efforts
- Provide web analytics to asses and optimize performance of new and existing features and pages
- Define web governance and operational guidelines and advocate for consistency, balanced with need for creativity and innovation
- Manage web team including for delivery to commitment, including scoping of design initiatives and appropriate prioritization of work items
- Provide mentorship, coordination, and guidance including performance evaluations and career development plans for the team
- 5+ years managing web sites and delivery teams, including projects, workflow and delivery, prioritization, resource management, and time management
- Demonstrated experience with development of web strategies and implementation via coordinated roadmaps and successful partnerships with Marketing, Web, and IT teams
- Experience implementing e-commerce and web content management systems preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing communications and experience translating marketing concepts into web programs and tactics
- Deep knowledge and usage of web standards and best practices in SEM, web design and user interface design to optimize online experience and achievement of web metrics
- Ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and at varying levels of the organization
- Experience with planning and managing web information architecture and related infrastructure, including technology integration
- Budget management, including budget planning, forecasting, cost allocation, and vendor management
- Ability to stay flexible and agile in fast-paced work environment
- Ability to team with others, solve problems efficiently, deal positively with ambiguity, and drive results
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1246 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.