EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, sign up at http://tinyurl.com/ecommercejobs. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with The Golf Warehouse in their search for a Social Networking and M-Commerce Specialist. The Social Networking and M-Commerce Specialist is responsible for assessing, strategizing, and managing all social networking and m-commerce channels in an effort to create unique value propositions and TGW brand experience for their customers that are not available to them in other channels. TGW is well known for its successful direct-to-consumer business and is regarded as the #1 website for purchasing the best golf equipment at great prices.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
This position will develop and execute clearly defined social networking and m-commerce strategies. This will be accomplished through supporting TGW marketing and customer support initiatives that drive customer engagement in these new digital frontiers. Specifically, this position will develop awareness of TWG’s functionality offering in these areas, encourage customer adoption of these platforms, and drive inbound traffic through their use and repeat engagement.
The position will also support TGW’s commitment to continual user experience improvement by conducting annual usability studies with customers and helping to convert those findings into site improvement projects.
- Act as the primary advocate for TGW in online communities and conversely as the advocate of the communities within TGW
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on the latest trends and usage in m-commerce and social networking platforms
- Lead and/or participate in the online conversations between TGW and its customers with the goal of promoting excellent customer service, positive user experience, and ensuring consistency of messaging with other channels
- Drive m-commerce innovation by continually look for technologies that can create value propositions for customers in m-commerce that they cannot get in other channels.
- Lead TGW’s presence in social networking communities and seeding content into those platforms where appropriate
- Develop TGW-centric benchmarks that measure the effectiveness of social networking and m-commerce programs and implement improvements as required.
- Measure the success of social networking and m-commerce programs and efforts and regularly report on the results to the company
- Serve as point for regular usability studies
- This position will spend 40% of time on social networking initiative, 40% of time on m-commerce initiatives, and 20% of time on user experience improvement initiatives.
Key Performance Measures (KPMs)
- Drive m-commerce sales +25% in 12 months versus the comparative period LY through the expansion and innovation of current m-commerce technologies and adoption of new m-commerce technologies.
- Expand TGW’s presence in social networking communities by establishing footholds in platforms where they are currently not present and expand efforts in Facebook and Twitter with the goal of expanding the amount of customers engaging with the TGW brands by +25% in first 12-month period comparative to LY.
- Professional and personal experience using the latest social networking and mobile technologies
- Strong knowledge and beliefs in the principles of best in breed customer service
- Track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Especially strong analytical and forecasting skills which can be harnessed to create editorial commentary and insight
- Excel at online research, possess excellent writing skills
- Strong background and proficiency in web and multichannel marketing analytics
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Comfortable and effective in managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly identify threats and opportunities in the user generated content spaces
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communication or equivalent desired
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1302 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.