WICHITA, KS – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with The Golf Warehouse in their search for a master salesperson with a time-proven gift for the written word. Understanding the art of selling is mission-critical to this position. They shall be charged with writing brand-right and customer centric communications for all selling channels including ecommerce (web & email), Retail, and various collateral projects. TGW is well known for its successful direct-to-consumer business and is regarded as the #1 website for purchasing the best golf equipment at great prices.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Sales Activists are the driving force behind getting customers excited about TWG products and services. This is different from traditional copywriting positions because sales activists are charged with digging into products and messaging and discovering the value propositions therein and skillfully presenting those benefits to the customer. Crafting the right message for the product means thinking like a customer; this key position maintains the critical responsibility of serving as the customer’s chief advocate through active participation and leadership in three key areas: product development, marketing communications, and customer service.
- Product development – Sales Activists must constantly challenge merchants on salability – why is a product relevant and essential to the customer? The result is copy that gets at the benefits a product brings to the customer and not simply the product features.
- Marketing communications – Sales activism utilizes critical thinking obtained through regular interfacing with merchants to develop customer-centric messaging in online and offline marketing efforts.
- Customer Service – Sales Activists must not only distill the perfect sales message for the customer, but also for the channels that actually do the heavy-lifting of selling: the web site, catalog, and retail and telephone sales associates.
The successful candidate is able to artfully and effectively craft messages that can be adapted to all of these selling environments to support TGW’s multichannel sales efforts.
- Develop and evangelize the Sales Activism concept so that the copy team transforms into the Sales Activism Team and becomes TGW’s primary resource for selling and salesmanship information.
- Edit copy for all catalogs, website features, e-mail, and collateral. Delegate copywriting responsibilities appropriately between Sales Activist Team members.
- Write/edit sales copy on deadline for all TGW, Baseball Savings, Softball Savings, and Soccer Savings catalogs.
- Write/edit copy for the TGW website and outbound email campaigns.
- Write/edit sales copy for product-related collateral pieces as needed, to include retail, packaging, and other marketing communications.
- Interface with merchandising and other departments to gather product information and unique value propositions for customers.
- Attract, develop, and retain the best people available.
- Create and maintain the voice of the TGW brands across multiple channels, achieved through consistent communication.
- Write copy for multiple channels, and additional copy projects as assigned.
- Ensure Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts do not infringe on Sales Activism efforts by reviewing all rewrites aimed at SEO benefit before they go live on the TWG websites.
Key Performance Measures (KPMs) Creation of compelling sales messages as measured by increased sales of re-presented items:
- Orders conversion lift of XX% for re-presented product pages of best selling products over previous presentation.
- Orders conversion lift of YY% over comparative period LY in e-mail marketing channels.
- Experienced management of a copywriting team, editorial staff, and/or highly successful sales force is required.
- Strong leader with an inherent ability to understand larger strategic objectives and motivate the team to drive those strategies forward
- Must be passionate about best-in-class customer service
- Instinct for sales demonstrated by concrete examples from past performance
- 5 years minimum retail and/or sales experience
- Experience writing copy that sells – catalog or otherwise
- Solid personal computer skills
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- An eye for graphic communication (though not necessarily a designer)
- Ability to use performance results to improve future communication strategy
- Understanding of sports marketing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, English, or equivalent work experience required
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1301 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: