SAN DIEGO, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with SkinIt.com in their search for a Head of Ecommerce based in San Diego, CA. Skinit is the industry leader in consumer personalization for electronic devices. Their online ordering and customization tools allows customers to personalize thousands of devices.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Skinit has thousands of designs including top brands in sports, entertainment, and art, as well as the Customizer™ tool that lets customers design their own skins using photos, images, text, symbols and many other designs to create entirely personalized skins.
The Head of Ecommerce …
- Directs the company’s ecommerce activities, including the development and execution of ecommerce strategies and business development.
- Sets ecommerce goals and forecasts and is responsible for hiring and training ecommerce personnel.
- Leads all online marketing efforts to increase sales on Skinit.com and Skinit partner sites.
This position will work closely with IT, web development, creative, sales, product management, license and operations.
At a high level, this position will oversee the following functions:
- Web Analyitics
- Usability / Redesign
- Store Personalization
- Product Recommendations
- Consumer Generated Content
- Dedicated Email
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Increasing ecommerce retail sales on Skinit.com and partner sites, i.e. Sprint.Skinit.com in 2011 (owns bottom line site sales and P&L)
- Increasing conversion rates by leading overall user experience, content, brand, functionality and redesign business strategy with web development, adding:
- Personalization (Monetate; product recommendations engines: MyBuys, Certona)
- Dynamic Navigation, Merchandising and Enhanced Search (Endeca)
- Social Commerce (Jive)
- User generated content/commerce
- Shopping features and functionality (enhanced customizer)
- Mobile Commerce (Usablenet)
- International Expansion
- Increasing the value of the existing customers by identifying our target audiences, developing our email (Exact Target) and analyzing (Omniture) results to improve loyalty and retention
- Lead and develop a performance sales driven culture while establishing performance plans and metrics to ensure attainment of goals to consistently achieve or exceed Skinit objectives
- Responsible for establishing performance standards, employee coaching and development, determining employee responsibilities, evaluating performance and rewarding as appropriate, disciplining and recommending termination when necessary. Identifies recruits and retains top-notch talent.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years of progressively responsible ecommerce experience preferably in the direct to consumer retail and/or consumer electronics fields.
- Proven experience in the development/ launching of products online and management of the corresponding ecommerce marketing mix.
- Experience and ability to manage a medium sized staff and multiple concurrent projects is required. The ability to interact in multi-functional teams and influence people to work together is essential.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, while at the same time developing practical and specific tactics that produces results.
- Detail oriented and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, ecommerce solutions and analytical tools.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. At the client’s request, ALL applications must include the following information:
- Think of your biggest ecommerce success to date: When was it? By how much did you grow the online business (from what to what)? Be specific.
- What were the top three strategies you used to drive profitable sales to NEW customers?
- How did you increase the value of your site’s existing customers?
- What strategies did you use to improve the quality of your site’s traffic?
- What technology solutions, features, or functionality did you deploy to increase your site’s conversion rates and/or average order values?
- How did you use operations or customer service to increase sales and efficiency?
NOTE: These are the client’s questions. Harry will have his own questions for you, but to even be considered for the position, the client has requested the above information. This is a very high six-figure base salary position, but the vetting on this search will be incredibly thorough.
Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1292 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: