PORTLAND, OR – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
Alpha Card Systems is a leading direct marketer of security systems to commercial, educational, and government customers. The client has a long history of strong growth and profitability since its inception over 20 years ago. Today, its team manages a diverse and rapidly-growing business that is widely considered an innovator in its industry. And they do all that from fun, crazy, and beautiful Portland, Oregon …
Pretty cool, huh?
The client seeks a full-time Director of Ecommerce office that will report to their CEO and be responsible for the company’s all-important ID Card category marketing strategies and execution. The ideal candidate will have a strong B2B marketing background with experience in online marketing, eCommerce, and web merchandising strategies. This is a very hands-on position with a unique company undergoing significant growth and change.
As the leader of a small, dynamic team, the new Director of Ecommerce will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of leading both strategic and tactical projects. He/she must be very organized, detail-oriented, tenacious yet tactful, a strong problem solver, and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about customer satisfaction, merchandising, and the user experience.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The Director of Ecommerce will be responsible for leading the overall strategy and execution of AlphaCard’s customer acquisition and retention efforts which support business objectives. This includes directing all marketing activities, such as Brand, Merchandising, Search, Email, Display, CSE, and Affiliate activities, among others. Individual and team success is measured by profitability, monthly/quarterly/annual traffic, conversion, gross margin performance, audience mix (paid vs. non-paid; new vs. repeat), and expense control.
AlphaCard offers a challenging and dynamic work environment with world-class people, room for growth, and excellent compensation and benefits. The company also has a casual work environment (No suits allowed!).
- Lead a marketing team of cross-functional direct reports, including content, web development, web merchandising, and other creative, business, and technical resources
- Exceed revenue and gross profit targets
- Develop the category’s marketing strategy and implement discrete marketing initiatives to execute the strategy
- Manage existing and new website design and development, including functionality, testing, optimization, customer engagement, and customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Represent the category on the company’s senior management team
- Bachelor’s degree, with focus in Business/Marketing/Economics, Computer Science/MIS, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Experience managing web-based business(es) with high SKU count and over $10 million in revenue
- Detailed understanding of Internet marketing best practices, particularly SEO/SEM, usability testing, and optimization
- Experience with web analytics (including Google Analytics) and other data reporting tools
- Strong Internet research, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
- The ability to lead a goal-oriented team with a singular purpose, and to complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Master’s degree, with focus on Business/Economics (MBA), quantitative studies, or computer science
- B2B marketing background
- Experience with multivariate testing and statistical sampling
- Database and web programming skills