“catalog” AND “direct mail” AND ( “Dallas” OR “Plano”) AND ( “texas” OR “tx”)
ST. LOUIS, MO – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Furniture Brands International in their search for a Director, Digital and eBusiness, based in St. Louis, MO. Furniture Brands is the parent company of Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Hickory Chair, Henredon, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Pearson, LaneVenture and Virginia Ops. Without a doubt, you’ve seen their products before …
The Director, Digital Marketing and eBusiness oversees a team responsible for the strategic direction of the company’s online presence. The Online Center of Excellence (OCE) sets standards for all aspects of online marketing and eBusiness including but not limited to website design and functionality, email marketing, social media, search engine marketing, display advertising and mobile initiatives.
The OCE provides website strategy for all Company external websites. Sets tone and direction for website design and brand; manages enterprise functionality (i.e., traffic management, usage analytics, automation of Internet mail through website, search capability, and a content management system).
This team also ensures the development and implementation of policies, processes and standards that affect immediate online activities directly relate to enterprise web technologies and have company-wide implications. As corporate owner for online intellectual property this individual also directs the registration and monitoring of all domain names owned by the company.
The Director’s role is to be responsible for directing the long-term operational aspects of the company’s online presence. This includes:
- Providing management and oversight of the entire company’s online media spend as well as delivering against CPA targets for each brand.
- Managing partners to include but not limited to: online marketing partner, web based tools providers, online analytics tools, email serving and others.
- Responsible for directing large, complex web initiatives involving large amounts of information and coordination of internal and external users.
- Accountable for the efficacy and functionality of our consumer-facing web sites.
- Set the online strategy, identify partners, select tools and actively working with internal IT and external development agencies.
- Direct management of corporate budget and indirect management of online media spending.
- Identifies emerging or best practice directions for adapting Company’s websites to meet business area requirements. Defines business requirements for technical systems support of enterprise-wide web site functionality.
- Manages a 4-person team of employees comprised of online acquisition specialists, web analysts, and project coordinators.
- Manages relationship with brand teams, internal IT staff and outside vendors and agency partners.
- Responsible for managing and guiding annual marketing budget dedicated to online production, digital media spend, email marketing, analytics and social media programs.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of business and organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining and measuring results.
- Provides expertise in online best practices, vendor selection, and management as it relates to the use of the Company’s online channels. Works closely with the Executive Leadership Team and business area management in defining online goals and requirements and with IT management in performing operational support to meet those requirements.
- Design and manage multichannel marketing programs both consumer direct and through our retailer partner channels; oversee execution and management of online co-op marketing programs; provide strategic direction to all areas of the Company as it relates to utilizing the online channel to drive sales at retail.
Based in St. Louis and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, Jim Brenner, the Director of Digital Marketing and eBusiness is chartered with driving the development of a growth strategy, as well as enhancing the online marketing capabilities of the organization.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing digital marketing strategies and plans for Furniture Brands Inc.’s core product lines Broyhill, Lane, Thomasville, and Drexel Heritage and others, including creating and implementing new online marketing concepts and programs; determining general online parameters and promotional strategies/recommendations. She or he will lead by influence, working closely with the brand marketers. This leader will be a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team.
The Director Digital and eBusiness will be an accomplished online leader with 10+ years of digital marketing experience ideally achieved within one of the major CPG or retail companies. Ideally this leader will have also worked into other industries, for example, retail, online services, durable goods, etc.
He or she will have well-developed and proven online skills and a consistent track record of delivering online results including web traffic and store traffic. The individual will have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills with direct reports and peers will be known as a highly collaborative leader who can lead, influence and achieve goals in partnership with others.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of accomplishment, strong team building and relationship skills, outstanding communication skills, “stage presence” and a high level of integrity. He or she will have a Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, and preferably an MBA.
The key professional and personal competencies for this role include:
- Experience leading an online marketing team with responsibility including e-commerce, online marketing and design.
- Demonstrated capability in delivering against online acquisition goals and managing digital marketing agencies
- Online retail experience preferred, high ticket and high involvement category experience preferred.
- Specialized training in web technology tools/capabilities, website development methods, technologies and project management; web-based usability and the analysis of customer behavior online
- An in-depth understanding of best practices in effective online business strategies; and substantial experience supervising communications specialists, interactive designers, usability and analysis specialists, web architects and developers.