WICHITA, KS – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with The Golf Warehouse in their search for a highly motivated and experienced sales leader. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of our Corporate / Tournament Sales & Team Sales in all the sports. TGW is well known for its successful direct-to-consumer business and is regarded as the #1 website for purchasing the best golf equipment at great prices.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
This position will be able to leverage the full power of TGW’s extensive inventory, enterprise-level systems, and team of knowledgeable and entrepreneurial staff to drive impressive results. This person will lead a highly motivated and effective sales team and cultivate great ideas for driving growth. Small improvements over comp periods will not be enough to reach company goals. The Corporate Sales Manager will, through innovation and forward thinking, open up entirely new sales areas and opportunities that will drive dramatic sales results.
- Lead a highly successful corporate sales team to meet aggressive sales growth goals.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and innovation amongst the sales team that will constantly drive new sales ideas and opportunities.
- Ensure and maintain the best customer service possible, which will compel customers to think of us first for their sports needs. Work with customers daily to meet their needs for all custom merchandise, (e.g. logo apparel, golf balls, accessories, etc.).
- Work directly and tirelessly with vendors to coordinate and ensure delivery deadlines as well as the very best pricing.
- Develop and/or reengineer the current departmental procedures. Deploy a new process that exceeds the old in organization and efficiency. Continually monitor moving forward.
- Maintain a good feel of the industry and sport best practices by consistently evaluating competitor websites and catalogs and establish ways to meet and exceed those standards.
- Insure tight record keeping and positive working relationships with other departments including accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer service, and fulfillment.
- Represent TGW in appropriate industry and sports association shows and identify other opportunities to extend the TGW brand reach.
- Deliver a healthy comp sales increase LY in annual corporate/team sales for 2011 that delivers on the overall sales commitments of the company.
- Bachelors in business, marketing, communication, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Superior selling skills
- Experience leading sales teams that exceed goals
- Best-in-class customer service skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives
- High quality organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in leveraging positive and effective relationships with vendors
- Strong computer skills.
- (Desirable, but not required): Established knowledge and/or contacts within the sports communities to which we sell.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1300 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: