EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We're working with Zumiez in their search for an experienced, innovative and capable Web Developer to jump on board and help evolve the customer experience and related applications.
Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories. Zumiez stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX. As of November 27, 2010, Zumiez operated 400 stores, which are primarily located in shopping malls, and a web site: Zumiez.com.
Zumiez.com has an exciting growth plan and a long list of engaging projects set for 2010 and beyond. Zumiez needs a seasoned Web Developer who understands the ecommerce space; has hands on experience developing e-commerce applications; working with business processes and business systems; and doesn't mind rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
As part of a small, dynamic team, the new Web Developer will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be very organized; detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about growth, web development, web technology, trend spotting and customer satisfaction. Really. If you just "kinda like web development because it pays the bills," don't bother. You need to be able to CONNECT with the customer to succeed in this role. We need a freak.
Check out this video of Zumiez customers doing what the do best. Do these look like your kind of people?? Would you feel uncomfortable around them? Or buy them a Red Bull? Can you anticipate how they'd like to relate to the brand online?? You'll be asked these things in a Zumiez interview …
- Develop scalable and secure web applications.
- Perform complete testing of Web applications-unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems are integrated.
- Plan and design user interaction solutions and experiences.
- 5-7 years experience developing web applications.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong understanding of jQuery, Prototype, or Scriptaculous or similar libraries.
- Experience in an object oriented language such as Java (preferred), C++, C#, Perl, etc.
- Experience with SEO, Accessibility, Usability.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Experience leading teams or managing projects.
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Experience in MySQL and/or Oracle Database programming.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Comfortable in a deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities and a high volume of projects.
- Ability to learn on the fly, react quickly, and prioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations.
- Consistent positive attitude. Entrepreneurial spirit
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1284 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: