EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We’re working with Zumiez in their search for an Ecommerce Product Manager / Business Systems Analyst based in Everett, WA. Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories. Zumiez stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX. As of November 27, 2010, Zumiez operated 400 stores, which are primarily located in shopping malls,and a web site: www.zumiez.com.
Zumiez.com has an exciting growth plan and a long list of engaging projects set for 2010 and beyond. They are looking for a Product Manager who knows the e-Commerce space; has hands on experience developing, executing and managing online systems, programs, processes and tools; and doesn’t mind rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done. Zumiez.com has programs to develop; processes to build; and critical projects to manage.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the new E-Commerce Product Manager/ Business Analyst will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be very organized; detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about growth, retailing, customer service and managing e-commerce applications, systems and processes.
The E-Commerce Product Manager is an integral part of a cross-functional business team. He/She leads all projects including coordinating and scheduling of E-Commerce projects from inception to completion. He/She is responsible for providing project management and end user support to the e-commerce business systems, tools, processes and programs that drive the e-commerce business for Zumiez.com. He/she triages and responds to customer facing and back-office issues, troubleshoots issues, tracks and documents issues and drives resolutions. He/she identifies trends in support issues and provides feedback to product management and engineering to ensure that product development and enhancements address common support issues. He/She drives improvements that drive growth and efficiencies.
I. Product/Project Management (50%)
- Gather, document and clearly communicate various project requirements from business and project teams
- Develop and effectively communicate project approach, scope, control, assignments, communication, timeline and budget
- Lead project team (developers, IT, designers and stakeholders) to ensure deadlines and met and within budget
- Provide project team with guidance as required to ensure progress is sustained and project goals are fulfilled
- Manages project budgets; monitor and control expenses and communicate variances with stakeholders
- Predict issues/risks and lead team to find creative solutions
- Effectively lead and facilitate project meetings and presentations
- Project expert retaining and communicating all project history
- Support the development of product management programs and processes
- Develop and manage UAT processes
- Create and maintain documentation for key business processes and systems
II. Issue Triage and Resolution (20%)
- Ensure site is operational and meets service level agreements
- Monitor systems, communicate performance against SLAs and manage all product issues
- Triage and respond to ecommerce systems inquiries
- Identify, replicate and document issue details
- Prioritize issues and inquiries. Manage internal escalation and resolution of issues
- Manage ticketing process including prioritization and clear documentation. Track and monitor issues; provide regular reporting / analysis
- Partner with IT, Content Management and Business stakeholders to troubleshoot issues
- Analyze issue for root cause and categorize (bug, enhancement or user error)
- Identify, communicate and document fixes and workarounds
- Ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner
III. Trend Analysis (10%)
- Analyze support issues to identify trends and improvement opportunities
- Document and report trends regularly to the business team and key stakeholders
IV. Issue Prevention (20%)
- Provide specific feedback and recommendations to business team based on support trends and known issue areas
- Based on known problem areas, provide specific feedback and recommendations to improve operations and training
- Partner with business team to document and ensure that online help resources are current and relevant
- Build knowledgebase for common product questions and issues (FAQs)
- Strong end-user and production-level computer application skills particularly Excel and software applications
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple requests or escalate unresolved issues when necessary
- Strong understanding of e-commerce business systems and industry best practices
- Previous vendor management experience
- Understanding of best practices in managing vendor and cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills. ability to develop and broadly communicate project updates and status
- Excellent documentation skills. ability to translate business requirements into technical data to a business and technical audience
- Eagerness and ability to own projects and partner with cross-functional teams to lead task to completion
- Ability to operate successfully in ambiguous “start-up” situations
- 3+ years experience successfully managing an e-commerce ecosystem
- 3+ years experience in business analyst, computer systems support or systems design role
- 3+ years experience in managing technical and business projects
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Experience with complex cross-channel commerce systems
- Expert knowledge of web and retail practices and technologies
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies
- Professional experience with industry standard project management tools including Microsoft Project, Redmine, etc.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment
- BA/BS; a degree in engineering, computer science or other analytical field a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1285 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.