NEW YORK CITY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Betsey Johnson, a $60 million, venture-backed Apparel and Lifestyle brand based in the heart of the garment district in New York City. The client seeks a Vice President of Ecommerce & Marketing to grow its online in a way that will provide strategic lift to its brand while providing support to its existing multi-channel retail marketing efforts.
- Driving traffic to internet sites through, search engines, keywords, banner placements and other appropriate placements.
- Ensuring proper selection and representation of merchandise on the web.
- Identify and fill gaps in the online assortment that is complimentary and incremental to the business
- Coordinate marketing strategies to enhance multi channel performance
- Developing marketing and Creative to constantly improve appearance, content, and navigation throughout the website.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate and Email
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database
- Coordinating activities with third party provider including:
- Establishing a strong web presence, to instill consumer confidence in all channels of distribution.
- Managing the copyrighting function to ensure proper detailed attribute descriptions, and legal representation of merchandise.
- Internet and Call Center orders to ensure that they are processed in accordance to Company guidelines and exceed customer expectations.
- Distribution Center on fulfillment issues.
- Developing and managing a process for customer feedback including regular reporting to executive management.
- Coordinating photo shoots
- Holding regular meetings for updated information on merchandise, trends, availability of promotion.
- Working closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Coordinate building customer database for use in web sales promotion.
- Building business by digital word of mouth marketing, consumer awareness, and promotions.
- Budget and Plan Revenue and Cost Centers to achieve EBITDA contribution
- Manage the development of the Web organization to meet Revenue objectives and recruitment of the team
- Assume full P/L responsibility and an ability to plan revenue, marketing and sales promotion consistent with the global strategies.
- Develop social media strategy and execute plan
- Develop Mobile Commerce strategy
- College degree (MBA a plus).
- 5+ years experience in web and social media environment; preferably with a multi-channel retailer (with management experience).
- Deep knowledge of Ecommerce space.
- Marketing experience in a multi channel environment
- Direct P & L responsibility
- Proven experience in creating effective teamwork and an environment conducive to developing cross-functional collaboration
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1282 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.