BALTIMORE, MD – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Under Armour in their search for an online leader to drive their Sales and Marketing goals as Head of Ecommerce Marketing. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and be part of a great success story, as Under Armour continues to grow like few companies have.
Here’s what’s great about this gig: Aside from th fact that the job is based in high-tech hotbed, Baltimore, MD, UA is a growth-oriented business that just surpassed $1 billion in sales. Lots of smart, driven, people at this company. And they’re all dead set on dislodging Nike as a market leader. Whether or not they actually do this (and they just might) is less important than how that goal infects everyone’s attitude. It’s all about passion and purpose.
The company was founded in 1996 by Kevin Plank, a former football player with the University of Maryland — and Plank’s competitive spirit pervades the organization. Indeed, applicants for this job will interview with Mr. Plank, so bring your A-game! Check it out …
The Head of Ecommerce Marketing is responsible for the planning and execution of Sales and Marketing goals for the US Ecommerce business. The person will ensure that the UA website delivers on brand, functionality and service that exceeds customers’ expectations and establish UA.com as the ultimate UA shopping experience in the world.
This key leader will bring creativity to the marketing functions so that response and conversion enhancing techniques, promotions, usability, features and functionality are well conceived, tested, measured, and implemented. This leader will be well versed in all aspects of customer acquisition as well as retention, loyalty and reactivation. In terms of traffic, here’s where UA is today.
Does this daunt you? Or excite you? If you said “excite,” then read on …
The winning candidate will have utilized Lifetime Value to drive customer acquisition, developed sophisticated multi-contact attribution models, leveraged social media to drive not only customer engagement but acquisition and sales and have a proven track record of leading a team in accomplishing meaningful and sustained profit growth over a three year period. Basically, you should be able to think like this guy — but you should have a real track record of success in acquiring (or reactivating) customers in a multi-channel, multi-partner environment.
The right individual will have solid analytical skills, blended with a penchant for technology that enhances customer experience and sales conversion.
- Sales planning and forecasting to meet company’s financial and operational goals.
- Identification and implementation of best practices in the form of site functionality, multi-channel contact strategy.
- Customer acquisition programs, measurement and justification
- Complete Customer Relationship Management
- Development, retention and recruitment of key talent necessary to fuel success.
- Customer advocate who monitors customer feedback and ensures experience is unparalleled.
- Keeping abreast of the latest E-Commerce marketing systems and techniques in order to maintain the company’s competitive advantage.
- Negotiate and manage the relationships with E-commerce Marketing Vendors.
- Maintain a broad network of industry peers that can be leveraged for key insights.
- Participate in big picture planning for the channel and technological advancement on the horizon that the organization needs to learn and embrace in order to continue growth trajectory (i.e., mobile, social media, etc.)
- 10+ years experience within top 100 e-tailer or multi-channel merchant with 5 or more years focused on E-commerce Marketing.
- Established network of business and vendor relationships in E-commerce space.
- College degree required. An MBA is desirable.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Web Analytics packages.
- Proven track record in bringing a blend of creativity, business rigor and passion that drove meaningful, sustained, profits.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1283 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.