CHICAGO, IL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Crate & Barrel in their search for a Head of Site Management based in Northbrook, IL. As surely everyone knows, Crate & Barrel pioneered the fashionable-yet-homey look for contemporary interiors, offering furniture, housewares, and linens in au courant colors and styles.
The company was founded by Carole and Gordon Segal (CB’s current Chairman) back in 1962. CB operates ~160 Crate & Barrel locations (including a dozen outlet stores) in 30 states and also markets heavliy through its catalogs and website. Its parent, Euromarket Designs, runs other retailing ventures, including CB2 (modern home furnishings) and The Land of Nod (furniture and toys for children).
All beloved brands.
Check out this recent interview with Mr. Segal as he discusses the growth prospects for the company and the retail industry. He sounds incredibly bullish on ecommerce, which he thinks might amount to 33% of the company’s total sales in 5-7 years.
When is the last time you heard a brick-and-mortar retail Chairman sound this knowledgeable about ecommerce? And get a load of what Mr. Segal says about entrepreneurship! This is the kind of guy I’d want my own child to work for …
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability through eCommerce Site Management.
- Support and strengthen eCommerce revenue and profitability while supporting the company goals.
- Define purpose, vision and business plan for Site Management to be “best in class” in eCommerce product management methodology and external search engine success. Any reference to the term “product” refers to changes in site functionality, interface, services or other initiatives / ideas that touch the sites. It does not refer to merchandise.
- Define eCommerce product development by leading site analytics, product definition and project delivery.
- Lead all aspects on site search optimization, external search engine optimization (“natural”) and paid search marketing towards the highest possible return on investment.
- Oversee site operations, including all site changes and hosting, to ensure eCommerce growth, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Act as the liaison between eCommerce and the IT Department to ensure smooth project planning and delivery.
- Act as the liaison between the eCommerce Department and Store Operations team to ensure a seamless customer experience across all channels.
- Support the company vision and goals.
- Possess a complete understanding of the purpose, vision and business plan of the eCommerce Department.
- Define and deliver eCommerce roadmap and periodic sprint schedule to meet key performance targets and defined work flow processes.
- Define “best practice” eCommerce work flow processes to ensure product delivery meets quality standards, is on time and on budget.
- Possess a complete understanding of Omniture and define key performance metrics throughout the entire eCommerce customer experience.
- Possess a complete understanding of multivariate testing and lead definition and execution of such.
- Possess a deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex projects.
- Possess a complete understanding of company systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend external vendors to support Site Management group where appropriate and manage vendor relationships include contract negotiation and renewals.
- Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer on the management of paid search marketing and its role in the marketing mix.
- Collaborate with the IT Department to develop and manage architecture and site hosting infrastructure for scale and speed.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of skilled Site Management associates to encourage professional growth.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching for improved performance of all Site Management associates.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all other company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with associates from IT, Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain and Logistics, Direct Marketing Operations and Store Operations Departments, to facilitate and prioritize initiatives.
- Act as member of eCommerce strategy team.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Provide and support excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or field relating to program management
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to demonstrate data interpretation
- Project management skills and the ability to research and coordinate information efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of B-to-C internet retailer best practices and strategies
- Understanding of web design, programming and analytics tools
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience, including leading product management and external search
- Certification from the Project Management Institute a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1249 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.