EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We’re working with Zumiez in their search for an Ecommerce Analytics Manager based in Everett, WA. The hiring manager for this position is Troy Brown — one of the best merchants in online retail. Fantastic guy. Loves the outdoors. Truly connects with the Zumiez customer, and is known for his humilty. Working for Troy, you won’t be managed as much as you’ll be led by example. Now here’s your basic Zumiez customer:
The talented, hard-charging web team at Zumiez is looking for some expert help. Zumiez.com is evolving into a world-class Ecommerce website and a powerful sales tool for the Zumiez store staff. What they need now is an experienced and capable Ecommerce Analytics Manager to jump on board and help show them the way.
Zumiez has an exciting growth plan and a long list of engaging projects set for 2010 and beyond. They are looking for a E-commerce Analytics Manager who knows the E-commerce space; has hands on experience implementing and managing analytics platforms; understands cross-channel retail and the analytics associated with merchandising and marketing in this space; and wants to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
As part of a small, dynamic team, the new E-commerce Analytics Manager will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be very organized; detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about growth, retailing, merchandising, marketing, customer service and managing e-commerce analytics platforms, systems and processes.
The E-commerce Analytics Manager is an integral part of a cross-functional business team. He/She is responsible for providing insight to guide the evolution of Zumiez.com. He/She is responsible for managing analytics platforms, reporting and forecasting systems and developing business intelligence strategies to propel business forward.
- Provide data driven insights to guide the evolution of Zumiez.com by analyzing cross-channel customer behavior including website performance, trends, clickstream/path activity, marketing activity and merchandise activity.
- Provide the business team a holistic picture of online and cross-channel behavior
- Recommend strategies to improve site functionality by analyzing customer behavior, conducting usability tests, focus groups etc.
- Partner with Marketing team to establish sound marketing measurement practices including attribution, program measurement and marketing optimization to improve marketing efforts.
- Partner with Merchandising team to establish sound merchandising measurement practices to improve merchandising activities including categorization, sequencing, cross-sell & up-sell.
- Partner with Site Optimization team to establish sound search engine optimization, promotion and real estate measurement practices.
- Manage analytics ecosystem to optimize business intelligence; insure data integrity and consistency; ensure tracking, reporting and analytics are functioning optimally, including instrumentation strategy, dashboard creation, and report design
- Identify and track trends in metrics and be able to identify improvements to Website based on usage and traffic patterns
- Conduct ad-hoc traffic, demand and testing analysis of all websites.
- Develop, manage and produce KPI dashboard, daily & weekly reports, and forecasts for core KPIs
- 5+ years web analytics experience with a leading analytics tool (Omniture, Coremetrics, Web Trends). Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- 5+ years experience with an online retailer/ecommerce or online agency
- 3+ years Search Engine Marketing analytics experience successfully optimizing Natural and Paid search advertising programs
- BA or BS with strong analytical skills; MBA helpful
- Experience with AB and/or multivariate testing
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable recommendations
- Experience with complex cross-channel commerce systems
- Understanding of analytics tagging and web logging required
- Passion for problem solving
- Passion for customer service when working with both internal and external customers
- Experience with SQL and databases also helpful
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1278 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.