NEW YORK, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Tacit Knowledge in their search for a Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer based in New York, NY. Tacit Knowledge is a consulting firm that specializes in Software Development, System Stabilization and Agile Coaching.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
- This is a client facing services role with direct and frequent interaction with outside business and technical stakeholders
- The Senior Software Engineer will act as the primary technical point of contact, taking personal responsibility for project success
- Set the technical direction of projects, arbitrating major technical decisions
- Lead and mentor highly talented and motivated software engineers to become even better
- Think long term. Prioritize. Write Code. Review code. Stabilize. Deploy. Streamline. Optimize.
- Ensure projects are realistic, interesting and fun – for everyone involved
- 7+ years building, shipping and maintaining mission critical business systems
- 3+ years leading a team of at least 3 other full time engineers
- Extensive coding experience in a static language, preferably .NET (C# / ASP.net) or J2EE. Fluency in at least one dynamic language like Ruby or Perl
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology (Scrum and/or XP). Experience taking proactive action to improve project velocity and code reliability
- A track record of mentoring software engineers: your bliss is helping other people get better
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as a professional consultant. Bonus points if you’ve been the primary point of contact with clients.
- Experience working as a manager or director in a software engineering organization
- Experience working as the architect of a large software engineering effort
- Experience collaborating with remote/offshore development teams
- Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following: networks, systems, database optimization or application frameworks
- BS in Computer Science.
- Experience building large ecommerce systems or other high availability web-based applications
- Polished presentation skills
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1268 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
How to Apply:
- Write a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. This position requires the ability to write code and English. Please discuss why this job sounds like a good fit for you.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.