FREDERICK, MD – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with PropertyRoom, currently # 274 on Internet Retailer magazine’s list of the top 500 retail websites, with estimated 2009 online sales of $36M. PropertyRoom was founded by a former Long Beach, NY, police detective, and its primary business involves moving the old-fashioned police auction online, increasing revenue and decreasing costs for local law enforcement agencies. Currently, there are +1800 law enforcement agencies in the PropertyRoom.com network.
PropertyRoom.com employs +100 people, and with its coast-to-coast warehouse network the company maintains facilities in the states of CA, WA, IL, TX, KY, FL, NY, and MD.
Here’s how PropertyRoom works. It’s pretty cool! Check it out …
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
This position manages day-to-day planning, development and implementation of marketing activities for PropertyRoom.com. The position includes coordinating with peers responsible for four product lines-of-business as well as evolving and managing a cohesive brand for the website. The role involves managing two fulltime direct reports, along with outsourced relationships for PR and affiliate marketing. PropertyRoom anticipates that the marketing team will grow as the new Director profitably drives increased website traffic and bottom line profit.
The company seeks a hungry “star on the rise” seeking a career-changing opportunity. All of the company’s executives act in player-coach roles, and the successful Ecommerce Director candidate will need to show an ability and desire to alternate seamlessly between strategic and tactical work. The position reports directly to the CEO.
The successful candidate for this director-level position will possess the credentials and abilities to achieve promotion to VP Marketing within 2 years. Primary responsibilities involve traffic acquisition and conversion, including:
- Develop and execute strategy and tactics for SEO, PPC, affiliate and email marketing
- Envision, define and oversee the overhaul of our internet retail site, including feature-functionality, user interface, SEO, landing page optimization, effective online merchandising of products and promotions, and overall user experience.
- Manage content strategy, contact strategy, and promotional calendar.
- Develop and manage community content on the site and within social media environments.
- Work with selected media outlets to secure free publicity regarding our differentiated retail offering.
- Develop and track key online metrics as well as revenue and margin performance to ensure cost-effective gross profit enhancement to traffic acquisition and conversion cost ratio.
- Communicate plans, programs, and results to the management team and board.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a reputable institution.
- 8-12 yrs marketing experience with 6 years minimum internet marketing, preferably ecommerce
- Strong e-commerce, online merchandising and marketing experience
- Familiarity with financials and budgeting
- Interest and experience in broad range of retail categories
- Superb analytical skills and a pattern of fact-based decision-making
- Innovative, proactive, team player
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1264 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.