WILLISTON, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Green Mountain Coffee in their search for a Systems Architect based in Williston, VT.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was founded in 1981 as a small café in Waitsfield, Vermont. In 1993, the Company went public (NASDAQ: GMCR). Now headquartered in Waterbury, Vermont, GMCR is recognized as a leader in the specialty coffee industry for its award-winning coffees, innovative brewing technology and socially responsible business practices. No kidding. These folks are so green that the Sundance Channel did a story on how green they are …
GMCR maintains two business units: the Specialty Coffee Business Unit, which includes the Green Mountain Coffee®, Tully’s Coffee®, Timothy’s World Coffee®, Diedrich Coffee®, Coffee People®, and Gloria Jean’s® Coffee brands, and the Keurig Business Unit. The Company employs a combined total of over 2,100 employees.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The Database Marketing Systems Architect for Green Mountain Coffee Inc. beverage and brewer divisions provides leadership and guidance to the design and implementation of solutions that contribute to strategic business goals while aligning with the overall Information Systems architecture. This position is focused on translating Marketing and Sales strategies and requirements into operational database solutions that meet business needs in a cost-effective and timely manner; partners with hosting services, implementation, delivery and internal/external teams to design efficient and robust database solutions; works to identify opportunities to leverage existing capability or to enhance capability based on database technology, innovation and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing Marketing database expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing technical solutions that focus on solving Marketing business needs
- Provides leadership and strategic and tactical guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between the business problem and benefits available from technology and services.
- Perform advanced statistical analytics using large datasets, drawing marketing insights from results, develop predictive models and algorithms, and create effective marketing deployment campaigns in all marketing channels.
- Responsible for the end-state data architecture including data entities (conceptual, logical, and physical data models), associated business rules (including data quality, data privacy and security parameters), and authoritative data source(s), The role will also need to establish data quality assurance processes including the processes and templates used to profile the data sources, identify data anomalies, report issues, recommend remediation activities, and track resolution.
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
- Design and implementation of a data structure that support multi channel data management (At Home Retail, Away From Home, Consumer Direct); multi media channels (offline, web, social & mobile etc) and that supports consumer segmentation and online and offline campaign management. Lead the selection and/or development of the tools needed to effectively implement campaign management within the business.
- Facilitates the development of a corporate data policy that outlines the appropriate data ownership, stewardship and audit requirements, as well as service-level agreements, that must be established and maintained to guide the appropriate use of information in business and IT processes.
- Champion efforts to improve business performance through solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, business intelligence (BI), content management, data integration, and related information
- Evaluate and select the right infrastructure components such as software, hardware, database management systems and networking capabilities to enable a tightly integrated consumer data warehouse
- Participation, as the Marketing & Sales Data Expert, in project teams spanning geographies and time zones using collaborative tools
- Teaching/Mentoring others to grow their technical data skills and data architectural capabilities
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, MS preferred
- 10+ plus years of experience leading the implementation of information management systems/processes in a high transaction volume, highly available and scalable environment, Leveraging Multi-Channel Database Marketing/Management techniques in an enterprise applications environment with state of the art tools.
- In-depth knowledge of database architecture, design and implementation in a Consumer Packaged Goods, Branded Goods or Grocery/Retail Industry. Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Systems, including ETL (extract, transform, load) experience with PeopleSoft EPM is desirable.
- Experience in multivariate statistical analysis (linear & logistic regression, categorical analysis, cluster analysis, statistical sampling, decision trees, multidimensional scaling, etc.) to develop models and marketing experience to develop target market segments for campaign lists.
- Experience requiring in-depth knowledge of data cleansing/processing/enrichment tools, analytical/architecture tools and Marketing & Sales processes.
- Experience leading database architectural direction of two or more of the following types of projects:
- Marketing/Campaign Systems
- Real time and batch transactional systems
- Roadmap definition, data warehousing implementation
- Performance testing or optimization programs of a BI environment
- Substantial master data systems implementation experience and deep knowledge of data quality.
- Proven change agent who has experienced success in developing consensus for proposed database architectures and clearly communicating value, capabilities, benefits, and challenges
- Experience as a data product “owner” assisting teams and clients to understand the capabilities of a data solution and leverage to meet business needs
- Experience developing and deploying database architectural standards, guidelines, best practices and SOX regulations to a development organization
- Ability to partner with cross-functional technical and business teams to evaluate in-house and vendor solutions that meet time-to-market and cost-of-ownership goals and to craft and present concepts, written and verbal, tailored to varied audiences.
- Experience managing technical and/or functional teams. Collaborative, appreciative style of management and engagement with others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to develop strong architecture design documents for all solutions that are being deployed.
- A quick study, self-starter and forward thinker constantly focused on shaping technology to meet and anticipate both near and long-term business issues.
- Ability to manage multiple significant situations simultaneously and manage multiple, conflicting and changing priorities and time constraints.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1265 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.