BREA, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with PennySaverUSA.com in their search for a Online Content & Community Manager based in Brea, CA. PennySaverUSA.com is also known as Harte-Hanks Shoppers, a division of Harte-Hanks, Inc.
For 48 years, the Original PennySaver that pioneered the weekly shopping guide has been dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping customers get more for their money. Now called PennySaverUSA.com, they are one of the largest direct mail shopping publications in the U.S. with over 950 local editions reaching over 11.5 million people online and in print.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The Online Content & Community Manager develops online marketing content for the purposes of outreach–increasing audience engagement and traffic to PennySaverUSA.com's network of sites, as well as for use in external distribution. Plays a key role in online grassroots marketing efforts, including social media channel management and outreach to relevant target markets.
- Partners with internal team and SEO firm to create engaging online content that is also well-optimized for organic search.
- Works with internal team and SEO firm on link-building, video seeding, and other online target marketing campaigns.
- Works closely with product marketing team on promotions and programs designed to increase traffic and revenue.
- Develops online content features and other marketing content.
- Leads content creation, production, and development (e.g. blog content, podcasts, online resources and articles, tips, guides).
- Writes press releases and email newsletters.
- Develops social media marketing channels for PennySaverUSA's network of sites (consumer and BtB brands) and author community-related content such as blog posts, tweets, forum posts, and Facebook page communications.
- Keeps updated on social media technology and tools.
- Develops content distribution partnerships.
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 3 years online marketing and/or online content development experience
- Must be able to give live examples of your social media work (e.g. personal blog, an online community group, forum, or page you help manage)
- Excellent writing, editing, proofing, and communication skills
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, organized and detail-oriented
- Must be passionate about community-building and social media
- Must have experience writing short-form content
- Must be comfortable interacting directly with customers, bloggers, etc in a professional environment and enjoy and have an affinity for social media and online marketing
- SEO experience preferable, but not required
- Bachelor's degree
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1267 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.