LONDONDERRY, NH – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with EccoUSA.com in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Londonderry, NH. ECCO are shoemakers. For 48 years, it has been ECCO’s aim to produce high quality, casual comfort shoes with a perfect fit. The people who wear this product swear by it.
A family owned, financially robust company, ECCO designers develop the collections, ECCO owned tanneries produce the leather and ECCO owned factories make the shoes sold in ECCO shops across the world and at the world’s leading retailers. Here’s a look at one of their European TV ads …
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
To direct the creation and execution of innovative consumer acquisition and retention programs with the objective of increasing website traffic, growing the consumer database, and driving sales, all while ensuring a world class online consumer shopping experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of e-commerce sales/marketing programs that provide growth opportunities for the business and support the brand position.
- Maintain a constant awareness of developments/changes in the online marketplace and industry, and adjust sales/marketing plans and programs accordingly.
- Enhance and/or implement policies and strategies regarding buy plans, pricing, promotions, and product assortment, placement and merchandising.
- Develop and monitor annual sales forecasts to ensure steady, manageable growth of online sales.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with wholesale and retail sales and marketing teams to ensure alignment of programs and practices across the business.
- Produce and analyze reports to track online sales results, including the analysis of sales statistics, online traffic studies, click-thru data, etc.
- Monitor competitor activity and developments in e-commerce efforts.
- Continually research and seek out more effective processes to improve overall e-commerce marketing initiatives and results.
- Manage vendors and business partners to ensure the best possible products and relationships to drive sales/marketing efforts.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Distribution teams to ensure timely and complete order fulfillment and RA processing for all orders.
- Provide insights and understanding in how to maneuver the social media landscape.
- Assist in global e-commerce development initiatives as needed.
- Effectively manage and develop subordinate staff, providing for coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO’s culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 7+ years experience in developing and managing e-commerce platforms in a B2C environment.
- Solid knowledge of e-commerce marketing and business principles with proven success in the development and implementation of online marketing strategies.
- Solid knowledge of internet trends and concepts, including search engines, Web 2.0, social media.
- Experience in consumer products or retail, footwear industry a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and influence both projects and teams.
- Experience working in an international organization, with ability to provide insight and expertise regarding global e-commerce efforts.
- Strong expertise in computer programs, including MS Office.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1273 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.