BREA, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with PennySaverUSA.com in their search for a Marketing Director, Digital Products, based in Brea, CA. The guy in this video is PennySaverUSA’s Harvard-trained CEO, Loren Dalton …
PennySaverUSA.com is also known as Harte-Hanks Shoppers, a division of Harte-Hanks. For 48 years, the Original PennySaver that pioneered the weekly shopping guide has been dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping customers get more for their money. Now called PennySaverUSA.com, they are one of the largest direct mail shopping publications in the U.S. with over 950 local editions reaching over 11.5 million people online and in print. PSUSA’s traffic stats appear below ..
Responsible for the market research, positioning, messaging, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, traffic and revenue growth, roadmap creation, and release definition for PennySaverUSA.com’s consumer-focused online product portfolio, including PennySaverUSA.com, three niche verticals, and mobile solutions. Scope includes driving the business strategy for opportunities with new and existing customers and launching and developing new digital products for existing or new target markets. Manages a team of six.
- Oversees online product marketing team of six people.
- Partners with internal team, IT, and external vendor in creating best-in-class, sustainable, differentiated consumer product portfolio that aligns with the needs of new and existing customers and industry trends.
- Identifies opportunities and implements corresponding campaigns and product changes necessary for success of PennySaverUSA.com traffic, revenue and profit goals.
- Develops and executes business plan and corresponding product strategy and roadmap for growing the traffic, reach, and revenue related to PennySaverUSA.com’s consumer brands.
- Ensures quality business requirements for new site enhancements and functionality and plays key role in roll-out of these improvements with external vendor.
- Works closely with internal Web team to ensure alignment between consumer and BtB product strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Leads online consumer product positioning, messaging, and promotions from product or feature introduction and evolution to ongoing marketing efforts.
- Leads competitive market analyses efforts.
- Maximizes and manages online paid products (e-commerce) and ad sales placements.
- Collaborates with internal marketing team on ongoing effective utilization of PennySaverUSA.com print ad allocation to promote the Web and other print/web/mobile marketing integration opportunities.
- Works closely with internal customer service team in resolving issues and getting product feedback from customers. Also works closely with UI lead and internal sales team on user research for Web sites.
- Creates, launches, and grows new verticals and/or distribution channels aimed at specific target markets.
- Minimum 10 years work experience, with 5 years online product marketing or site/channel management experience, preferably in a consumer Web, e-commerce and/or multichannel environment.
- Experience with online ad sales and mobile strongly preferred.
- Experience with online personalization and/or localization a plus.
- Experience with online classifieds or online content networks a plus.
- Experience in defining and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrated track record launching new Web sites and creating and executing revenue-generating marketing programs and product lines.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple Web sites at a time.
- Proven ability to partner with engineering teams in order to align product strategy with market needs.
- Marketing mind-set with the ability to understand technical features and translate into business language and create compelling messages.
- Must have ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Excellent leadership, verbal, analytical, and written communication skills.
- Self-directed; requires minimal supervision on work projects.
- Must be action-oriented and take initiative
- Must have experience successfully managing a Web marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1270 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.