LOS ANGELES, CS – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Nasty Gal in their search for a Director of Ecommerce for their corporate headquarters in the Los Angeles Fashion District.
Nasty Gal is an eCommerce fashion retailer based in Emeryville, CA, and currently experiencing explosive growth. Nasty Gal specializes in one-of-a-kind true vintage pieces as well as new clothing, shoes, and accessories from cutting-edge designers from around the world. They're a small, entrepreneurial-minded and driven team considered a leader in the online fashion space.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Director of Ecommerce will report directly to the COO of Nasty Gal and will be a key contributor on the Nasty Gal team. He/she will establish an online marketing strategy that will align goals, brand and customer, ensuring that all deliverables are "on strategy" and backed by key measurements. Initiatives will have an emphasis on sales growth, customer acquisition and conversion.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an excitement for the Nasty Gal brand, customer and fashion coupled with a knack for expressing this excitement in the online marketplace. He/she will be capable of strategically managing all online and ecommerce sales initiatives in order to drive profitable incremental sales while striving to exceed revenue, ROI and customer acquisition targets.
This position requires a very web savvy individual with in depth knowledge and understanding of key web technologies, and the ability to use them. It also requires excellent strategic thinking in all marketing disciplines to ensure that we are investing in the areas most likely to return the highest ROI for the Nasty Gal advertising dollar in the long term by creating and executing a fully integrated online marketing program.
She/he will continually search for new and creative ways to increase traffic, response and conversion rates for all online media and act as the Nasty Gal online champion by always pushing to improve the overall web experience. This includes identifying external best practices for benchmarking and improving results.
This position will be responsible for the ecommerce platform and maintaining the relationship with software/hosting service provider. It will be important for this position to establish strong partnerships across all functions of the business, and in particular with Merchandising. Building a collaborative working relationship with merchants and site merchandising will be key to connecting brand, product and marketing initiatives to customers.
- Provide the strategic leadership and execution necessary to deliver high end marketing performance, providing a critical contribution to growth and profitability goals over the near and long-term.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with exceptional web analytics and reporting capabilities, and the desire to delve into data.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to effectively communicate results, successes and improvement strategies to senior management.
- Organized plans, strategies and initiatives with a strong sense of urgency.
- Proven track record in growing web traffic with experience developing a personalized web experience to drive higher traffic and conversion.
- Experienced with Search Engine Optimization initiatives including the management of relationships with paid search vendors and improvement of natural search through site design.
- Experienced in E-mail Marketing including e-mail address acquisition, determining the optimum schedule of e-mail campaigns, and testing e-mail designs and offers.
- Familiar with social marketing campaigns and able to gain positive exposure on external social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.
- Able to manage data feed programs supporting 3rd party affiliate search engines and shopping sites with daily product, inventory, and pricing updates.
- Build goals and forecasts by segment, establishing and meeting performance metrics including traffic, revenue, and profitability.
- Build and monitor marketing budget, keeping expenses at targeted proportion to sales.
- Establish and oversee marketing and promotional execution process; manage execution of all campaigns, marketing offers, and marketing calendars.
- Drive the tracking and reporting of marketing performance, continually striving to establish best-in-class marketing analytics to ensure informed decisions and optimal performance across all marketing channels.
- Provide strategic leadership as a key influencer to all aspects of customer experience including site design, pricing, merchandising and customer support to drive both new customer acquisition and more importantly, retention and loyalty. Provide customer insights across the company to inform all aspects of Minted business strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance on web features and user experience that would help drive customer acquisition, customer retention, and conversion; in some cases, develop specifications for these features and work with tech and product management teams to develop.
- Conduct consumer and competitive research to provide insight and learning to company overall.
- Attract, retain and develop talent.
- Must have 7+ years of online marketing experience, including 3+ years of marketing experience at a consumer/retail E-Commerce company with proven track record of driving growth.
- Must have passion for Nasty Gal, its mission, its community, and its product.
Email marketing, Sponsored email campaigns, SEM/PPC, retargeting/banner networks, Social Media marketing, Blog development/outreach, Affiliate marketing, Comparison Search Engines (CSEs), SEO, Analytics / KPI / Customer Segmentation / Loyalty Development, A/B & Multi-Variant testing, System & integration planning.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1257 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.