LONG ISLAND, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with ShermanSpecialty.com in their search for a Web Developer/Designer based in Jericho, NY.
The Web Application Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as develop new technologies. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal, project management and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and assure that all internal systems are integrated.
- Perform complete testing of Web applications-unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing between web site and backend erp (As400)
- Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Must possess superior skills in Java (5+ years experience)
- Must possess superior skills in Postgress (5+ years experience)
- Must possess superior skills in HTML page creation (5+ years experience)
- Must possess superior skills in Tomcat (5+ years experience)
- Must possess superior skills in Apache (5+ years experience)
- Must possess superior skills in JSP (5+ years experience)
- Experience in structured Linux Operating System environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs in line with provided guidelines.
- Flash video/animation experiences a plus.
- As400 / Rpg programming experience a plus.
- Knowledge of ecommerce sop’s
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful delivery of assigned application development tasks and projects.
- Excellent customer service experiences by internal and external customers.
- Effective training and support of user communities with Web technologies and tools.
- Effective coordination of project v. task needs v. operational requirements with teammates and the organization.
- Positive contributions to the organization beyond the scope of normal responsibilities.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH