McLEAN, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with CustomInk.com in their search for a SEO/SEM Manager based in McLean, VA. CustomInk.com is an innovative ecommerce website that enables people to design and order custom t-shirts and other products for their groups, events, gifts and self-expression.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
With over ten years of operating history, 300 team members, and $70 million in annual revenue, CustomInk.com is a profitable, dynamic, and forward-thinking company. Since 2005, CustomInk.com has been listed as one of Washingtonian Magazine’s “Great Places to Work” in the DC area and appears at #188 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list.
CustomInk.com seeking an experienced search engine optimization and search engine marketing manager to lead their search team, maintain strong positioning in search engines, and grow the channel further. CustomInk.com’s growth to date has been fueled predominantly from both paid and natural search, and as a result these programs are greatly important. This position will manage two direct reports as well as our paid search agency. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the search team and grow revenue from the channel. Understand which projects and efforts will have the biggest impact and prioritize and focus accordingly.
- Maintain #1 positioning on priority keywords.
- Develop and execute inbound link strategies to strengthen CustomInk.com’s positioning.
- Manage CustomInk.com’s paid search agency. Work closely with them to determine optimal efficiency targets and prioritize work.
- Work with the tech and online experience teams to optimize CustomInk.com’s website for search engines. Work closely with the teams to ensure SEO has been factored into our overall web site strategy and future plans.
- Improve traffic and conversion by developing new content (by partnering with internal and external teams as necessary) and optimizing ad copy and landing pages.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the search landscape, and make sure CustomInk.com is taking advantage of them and well-positioned for the future.
- Work with the search team and paid search agency to produce meaningful, regular reporting.
Measures of Success
- The key measures of success will be:
- Positioning on priority keywords
- Growth in traffic, leads and orders from search channel
- Overall revenue and profit of search programs
- Lifetime value of acquired customers
- Cost per acquisition
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years search marketing experience, both paid (PPC) and natural
- Leadership and experience managing people
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong analytical skills and a focus on results
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while paying attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage vendors
- Curiosity and knowledge about the latest developments in search
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1250 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.