CHICAGO, IL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Crate & Barrel in their search for an Information Architect based in Northbrook, IL.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Information Architect works on the Internet design team to create great experiences for millions of Crate and Barrel website customers. The Information Architect employs best practices in usability, interface design and rigorous attention to detail to deliver recommendations and effective documentation (user scenarios, task flows, wireframes, taxonomy and navigation models). The Information Architect collaborates on a cross-disciplinary team to maximize brand equity, sales growth and profitability for the company.
Perhaps the greatest functional skill the Information Architect provides is clarity. The Crate and Barrel Information Architect will understand and distill complex business requirements and functions into useful design documents. The Information Architect will then communicate and collaborate with a cross-functional team to translate these documents into interfaces.
- Improve the crateandbarrel.com and cb2.com customer experience and
- achieve business goals through simplicity and clarity in Web interface design.
- Create crateandbarrel.com and cb2.com wireframes that are simple,
- clear and customer-focused.
- Understand and document business rules and translate them into detailed wireframes and project specifications.
- Work with project managers to write project briefs that ensure a great
- experience for our customers.
Inspiration and Innovation
The Information Architect will create easy-to-use and brand-building solutions to customer problems on crateandbarrel.com and cb2.com.
The Information Architect will be an advocate for online customers to make sure our site works to meet their goals and needs.
- Help create prototypes and assist in recruiting for usability tests.
- Participate in visual review and acceptance testing to make sure that details in wireframes and project specifications are implemented.
Measure and Analyze
The Information Archiect will be responsible for monitoring selective metrics for our websites, to include proactive tracking of site performance, monitoring customer feedback, and benchmarking against our competition.
- Continually perform evaluations of crateandbarrel.com, cb2.com, and other owned /affiliated sites. Proactively indicate critical areas with the sites that can be improved and outline requirements.
- Support Web site usability testing and work with the user experience team to summarize key short-term and long-term recommendations.
- Stay close to customers by carefully monitoring daily Web site customer feedback / suggestions and summarizing trends and recommendations on a monthly basis.
The Information Architect will work on a team of cross-functional experts including project managers, designers, writers and developers dedicated to online initiatives.
- Work with graphics and editorial team to identify and incorporate branding elements and copy necessary for well-branded Web sites. Assist with updates to Editorial and Style Guidelines.
- Work with members of the MIS team to make sure that technology supports the proposed functionality.
- Manage and determine the applicability of vendors related to Information Architecture and usability.
- Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers whether through direct contact, over the phone or through written communications.
- College degree required, at least 3 years experience designing functionality for commercial Web sites,
- Ecommerce experience preferred; excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Passion for attention to details and simple, clear interface design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and HTML editing tools.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1253 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.