SAN DIEGO, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with National Pen in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in San Diego, CA.
National Pen is one of the largest promotional products company in the world, servicing over 20 countries in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. They manufacture and sell products internationally through direct mail, telesales, web, retail, and distributor channels.
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with facilities in Tennessee, Mexico, Ireland and China, National Pen’s unique niche is the ability to personalize a promotional product to a customer’s specific needs for low volume production batches
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH
Strategically manage all online and ecommerce sales initiatives in order to drive profitable incremental sales of at least $20MM while exceeding budgeted revenue and customer acquisition targets. This position requires a very web savvy individual with in depth knowledge and understanding of key web technologies; and the ability to use them.
This position also requires excellent strategic thinking in all marketing disciplines to ensure that National Pen is investing in the areas most likely to return the highest ROI for advertising dollars in the long term by creating and executing a fully integrated online marketing program.
You must continually search for new creative ways of increasing response and conversion rates for all online media and act as the National Pen online champion by always pushing to improve the overall web experience. This includes identifying external best practices for benchmarking and improving our results.
You must also champion the development and deployment of a new and improved customer web experience. This position will be responsible for the ecommerce platforms and improving the experience, and throughput will be key. It will be important in this pivotal role to create partnerships across the business, and in particular with Information Technology. Prior experience managing web programs with IT are essential to this position.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with exceptional web analytics and reporting capabilities, and the desire to delve into data.
- Thorough understanding of Rules Based Marketing and customer contact strategy techniques.
- Strong creative skills with a good eye for design and copy.
- Exceptional communication skills and able to effectively communicate results, successes and improvement strategies to senior management team.
- Organized with a strong sense of urgency.
- Proven knowledge of site structure, navigation, page construction, content, keyword list development techniques, spiders, and link-building strategies.
- Proven track record in growing web traffic with experience developing a personalized web experience to drive higher traffic and conversion.
- Experienced with Search Engine Optimization initiatives including the management of relationships with paid search vendors and improvement of natural search through site design.
- Experienced in E-mail Marketing including e-mail address acquisition, determining the optimum schedule of e-mail campaigns, and testing e-mail designs and offers.
- Familiar with social marketing campaigns and able to gain positive exposure on external social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.
- Able to manage data feed programs supporting 3rd party affiliate search engines and shopping sites with daily product, inventory, and pricing updates.
- Hands-on experience maintaining pricing, images, text, and content on web sites.
- Good understanding of ecommerce infrastructural technologies, web site development, reporting, e-mail campaigning and requirements analysis.
- Prior experience working directly with developers.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Experience with the ATG E-Commerce platform strongly preferred.
- Experience with Scene 7 imaging strongly preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervise the Ecommerce Department and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Minimum of 8 years of hands-on Ecommerce management experience in a highly transactional, direct response environment. Please provide weblinks to show samples of your work.
Education: B.A. in marketing or related field.