NEW YORK, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities.To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here. We are working with BrickHouse Security in their search for Product Line Manager based in New York, NY.
BrickHouse Security is one of Americas fastest growing companies (INC 500) specializing in security and surveillance equipment such as gps trackers, covert cameras, and other cool high-tech devices. BrickHouse Security sells direct to the consumer, businesses and law enforcement agencies.
BrickHouse customers are looking for the newest high tech solutions to their everyday security problems. The Company's goal is to get customers the right tool for the job and insure customers know how to use those tools correctly. Meeting this goal requires constant sourcing of new products & vendors as well as managing the product lines and vendor relationships currently in place.
The Product Line Manager will scout out exciting new products, vendors and markets and bring them to BrickHouse Security. Applicants should have a passion for technology products and a sense for which ones will excite BrickHouse customers.
The Product Line Manager will need to be experienced working with or within a merchandising function and possess a solid understanding of assortment planning, product development, competitive analysis, and pricing. In this role, the Product Line Manager will work cross functionally with departments including Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Content & Community, and Tech Support.
- Establish and manage product lifecycle, including ideation, financial assessment, product launches, and evangelizing and training
- Assist Purchasing Director on developing/maintaining a product and vendor database, product negotiations, and sales forecasting
- Research specific assortment needs; assess market opportunities for current/future products and optimize product mix
- Manage new product roadmap and launch schedule
- Work with manufacturers on product co-development and BHS-branded opportunities
- Work with Marketing VP and direct marketing agency/individuals to evaluate product-based segmentation schemes; identify and assist in product-focused research
- Secure where needed the product content and assets for product pages and other merchandising opportunities
- Review product descriptions for top products with copywriters, ensuring key benefits and features are highlighted and correctly portrayed
- Work with direct marketing agency to evaluate cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Assist PR agency and CEO with providing and explaining products for press opportunities
- BA/BS in merchandising, marketing, business, e-commerce, finance, economics, or a numbers-driven discipline
- 3-5 years' merchandising and marketing experience
- Expert Excel user; MS Access a big plus
- Experienced in vendor negotiations/relations and assortment planning for $20 million or greater company
- Energetic team player comfortable with change is essential
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1238 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.