COLUMBUS, OH – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
We are working with Express in their search for a Director of Online Merchandising in Columbus, OH. Check out this video of their Spring line …
This position is responsible for developing and implementing the merchandising operation of Express.com; leads the development of online merchandising concepts, promotional strategies, merchandise assortments and product presentations which enhance the customer on-line experience.
Successful candidates will demonstrate passion for apparel merchandising and fashion coupled with a knack for expressing this passion in the online marketplace. This role requires daily collaboration with partners in Merchandising, Marketing, Creative and Planning departments as well the Vice President of E-Commerce.
40% Merchandising Planning and Execution
- Leads the development of online merchandising planning and execution based on online merchandise strategies, branding objectives and marketing campaigns
- Drives website strategy by assisting the Merchandising team in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and promotional plans for Express.com to maximize conversion and increase AOV
- Develops and lead a team of online merchandising professionals
40% Product Placement and "Story" Flow
- Leads the development of online promotional strategies and product presentations to support overall branding objectives and marketing campaigns
- Supports all online exclusive categories through strategic product development, promotional strategies, and product presentation
- Evaluates and maintains effective product family grouping, sort orders, site search filtering and categorization strategies that facilitate efficient search, reinforce a positive brand experience and support effective visual merchandising.
- Directs and conducts regular competitive analyses to identify best practices and recommended action items
- Collaborate directly with Marketing, Merchandising and Planning departments to position key selling themes, offers and promotions consistent with our stores and brand efforts throughout
20% Assembling Content for Web Page
- Partners with cross-functional teams to ensure that the web site effectively communicates the merchandising strategies and brand objectives
- Oversees the analysis of online testing and market information to identify online business opportunities, customer trends and sales risks
- Manages the final presentation/layout of Express.com to drive online and in store sales
- Education: BA/ BS degree
- Experience: minimum 10 years of industry experience, and 4 years experience working as a Buyer/Director with a major retailer in apparel categories with E-Commerce and responsibilities.
- Proficient in Mercado/Omniture Merchandising; Experience with Bazaarvoice
- Experience in Merchant, Planner and Visual
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1240 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.