MANCHESTER, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with the Vermont Country Store in their search for an Ecommerce Operations Manager based in Manchester, VT.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
The Vermont Country Store (VCS), an Orton Family business, is a premier employer in South-Central Vermont with over 60 years of experience exciting and delighting customers and employees alike. The company focuses on “selling products that don’t come back to people who do.”
VCS catalogs, Web site, and stores are stocked to the rafters with a combination of more than 5,600 old-time products that are useful today, and brand name products that bring back memories and traditions. VSC is #279 on the Internet Retailer Top 300 list.
Ecommerce Operations Manager owns the operational support of all sites, site features, customer experience and related core processes. The Manager develops and executes strategy, plans and processes to ensure the site customer experience is optimal. They drive the implementation of best practices across complex, business and support processes with multiple inter-dependencies and a large, diverse set of stakeholders.
Day to Day Website Operations:
- Plan and implement business operations support to insure flawless 24X7 performance. Must be flexible to work shifts any day of the week, and any time of the day (e.g. midnight to 9am).
- Lead a website operations support analyst by providing the framework, performance metrics, tools and continually evolving the organization and processes.
- Establish dashboard metrics and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of operational support processes through real time monitoring tools and then continually evolve the processes to achieve objectives.
- Develop strong working relationships with partner and vendor teams
- Issue Reporting, Tracking and Resolution:
- Ensure issues are appropriately prioritized and resolved based on business impact.
- Ensure root cause analysis is conducted consistently and improvements are implemented that yield efficiencies and the re-occurrence of case.
- Ensure business impact analysis is conducted consistently understanding the financial and customer impact of issues.
- Ensure consistent and thorough troubleshooting techniques are applied that yields understanding of root cause.
- Ensure status is reported consistently and timely based on severity of case.
- E-Commerce Platform Functionality and Features:
- Responsible for driving and coordinating activities across E-Commerce, IT, Creative, and Vendor Partner teams for project releases, issue escalations and process development.
- Responsible for the process and execution of new releases into production to ensure a quality product is delivered.
- Lead Testing and development of test matrices that support the delivery of new or enhanced site functionality are delivered and that test scenarios are integrated into the regression test matrix.
- Develop and oversee RFP processes to evaluate new technology opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, e-commerce, business management, management information systems or equivalent
- 6-8 years of industry experience. Quality Assurance, Ecommerce Support, Business Analyst, Process and/or Project management experience involving operational experience related to managing web enabled technologies
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word Power Point)
- Functional knowledge of HTML, XML, JAVA, and database.
- Strong financial, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication and managerial skills.
- Superior organizational, prioritizing, and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple groups to gather information and gain consensus on goals.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Work well under pressure and with limited time lines.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1234 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.