KANSAS CITY, KS – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Peruvian Connection in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Tonganoxie, KS.
Peruvian Connection is an international, multi-channel marketer of original design, luxury fiber apparel. Featured at #391 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list, Peruvian Connection made over $18 million in online sales last year, a leap of 9% is a notably down economy.
The Director of Ecommerce will be responsible for the marketing, analysis, development, execution and overall management of Peruvian Connection’s 3 commerce websites, email marketing programs, company blog, social media, and inbound online marketing programs. The primary focus of the job will be to increase brand awareness and build brand equity online.
The Director of Ecommerce will have the passion and expertise to lead a team of 4 full-time professionals and outsource agencies in the online marketing of the Peruvian Connection brand in addition to driving traffic to the company’s website and 5 retail store locations.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing programs that effectively reach and engage prospective customers through search engines, partnerships, affiliate programs, social/viral networking and other emerging channels. In addition, the candidate will have the knowledge and expertise to manage the daily operations and technical development of the user experience for each of the company’s web stores.
The Director of Ecommerce will blend high-level strategy development with a hands-on tactical experience that will enable the development, recommendation and implementation of marketing plans designed to meet corporate goals. This includes interdepartmental collaboration on multi-channel marketing efforts, managing agency relationships and strengthening relationships with business partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategy, Execution and Oversight of all online marketing programs
a. Define priorities and establish annual budgets for all online marketing efforts
b. Email Marketing and Email Acquisition efforts
c. PPC Marketing Initiatives (Paid Search, Shopping Portals, Affiliate Programs, Online Media Placements, etc.)
d. Organic Search Program Management (on-site and off-site content)
e. Site Marketing and Merchandising Projects
f. Social Media Marketing
2. Site Management and Development
a. Define the priorities and establish annual budgets for website enhancements b. Work closely with Catalog, Creative and Design teams to build brand equity by maintaining a strong and consistent brand image and customer experience online
c. Work closely with the IT department on integration issues with the company’s back office system
d. Oversee the testing of site functionality and changes for upgrades and enhancements
e. Manage the 3rd party platform relationship and periodically review the contract to ensure that Peruvian Connection is receiving maximum value from the relationship
f. Direct relationships with 3rd party developers and ensure that they are working within the technical and budgetary guidelines
g. Evaluate 3rd party solutions to enhance the user experience and negotiate all contracts
3. Research and Analysis
a. Translate analysis, key findings and anecdotal or qualitative data to identify key issues and make recommendations for future marketing campaigns and content changes
b. Research and integrate new and cutting-edge web technologies and programs with established strategies to maximize campaign execution
c. Consult with category owners on day-to-day tactics to drive revenue and profit (web blasts, home page design, etc.
d. Monitor competitor marketing efforts and industry trends to take appropriate preemptive and responsive action
e. Help design and execute online customer surveys
f. Use metric tools to track and analyze customer behavior in site navigation, store registration and purchase history.
4. Leadership and Management
a. Participate as a member of the Sr. Management team and advise the Executive Team of key developments in the specific areas of Ecommerce
b. Collaborate with other members of the Sr. Management team on site promotions as well multichannel marketing initiatives
c. Work with the various departments, including call centers, inventory management, design, catalog and retail stores to ensure smooth interdepartmental operations.
d. Manage and Develop members of the web team towards excellence through coaching, team building and setting clear and obtainable objectives
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Economics, Merchandising or prior experience in Ecommerce Management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Internet Marketing
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Resourceful problem solver with strong analytical and financial skills including creation of ROI, acquisition cost, and lifetime value analysis. Ability to analyze data and produce actionable, measurable information and strategies
- A strong understanding of Web strategy, Web Design and Best Practices as well as con sumer research principles required.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Must be able to perform well in a deadline driven, rapidly changing team environment.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server a plus
- Working knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver a plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH