UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Sheplers.com in their search for a General Merchandise Manager based in Dallas, TX.
Sheplers has become the world's leading provider of apparel and accessories for the country/western lifestyle including: traditional cowboy wear, fashionable western wear, country inspired casual wear and authentic work gear. Consumers have the ability to shop wherever and whenever it is convenient for them: in one of 15 stores across the US, online 24/7 at Sheplers.com or via its extensive catalog offering.
Widely known for its outstanding customer service, Sheplers was recently rated as one of the top ten of all catalogs in terms of customer satisfaction in the US.
The General Merchandise Manager will work with Senior Management team to set merchandise strategies and tactics to meet or exceed the sales, margin and inventory turns. Working with business partners in Merchandise, Planning, Marketing and Operations, the GMM will develop and execute various merchandising strategies to provide for a superior shopping experience in the stores and on-line that will invite, excite and inspire both frequent shopping as well as higher average ticket.
This activity includes establishing a standard basic assortment for each Department as well as a compelling high value assortment of promotional, seasonal and opportunity buys; overall optimization of pricing, space management and in-store presentation to improve the customer experience; achievement of sales, margin and inventory turn objectives for all merchandise categories.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance and develop complete and comprehensive Merchandise strategies and assortments unique to Authentic Western Wear consumer.
- Take ownership of merchandising strategies from development to implementation.
- Develop merchandise display method that may include planograms, merchandise flow direction, aisle stacks, endcaps, clip strips and more. Displays should enhance the sale of the product and category as well as prove for a superior customer shopping experience.
- Develop Clear Price messaging for each category and where appropriate each item, utilizing multiple methods. Ensure the pricing strategies support the financial objectives.
- Working with Merchandising business partners, develop promotional opportunities, special buys, close-outs, key events to drive sales, and increase product and category productivity.
- This position will be responsible for the sales, margin and inventory turn for the categories they support within the Shepler's organization.
- Continue to establish and identify new ways to gain profitable sales by developing strategies that encourage customer return visits and strong customer loyalty.
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate merchandising efforts with other functional areas such as Marketing, Store Operations, Catalog, Internet and others.
- Effectively communicate all merchandising strategies and status across the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business Management or another related field.
- 10 years successful track record in retail buying, merchandising functions and/or merchandising strategy development.
- Proven track record in merchandising management of 100K plus sale volume as a fashion retailer.
- Proficiency with the following programs: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen as well as to present ideas in a compelling manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability and flexibility to efficiently multi-task and work quickly to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Unquestioned personal and business integrity.
- Expertise in creating compelling shopping experience for the customer.
- Ability to lead a team in multiple locations.