UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs
We are working with Eddie Bauer in their search for a DVP, Direct Marketing based in Redmond, WA (just outside of Seattle).
Develop and lead a direct marketing strategy that will drive profitable growth, new customer acquisition and increase sales from existing customers. Evolve and expand the current online and catalog marketing strategy for modern customer behavior and ROI.
- Maximize profitability by increasing sales among existing Online & Catalog customers, while attracting new Eddie Bauer customers
- Expand the existing online marketing strategy to further develop paid search, targeted customer emails, display advertising, social media and mobile marketing
- Responsible for outlining a Catalog Marketing and Online Marketing strategy that represents the needs of the modern Eddie Bauer customer
- Communicate marketing strategy with Executive team
- Actively use customer data to determine Direct Marketing strategy and to influence Merchandising strategy
- Apply data mining techniques, customer analytics, and customer reporting to illustrate the connection between customers, advertising, campaigns, products, brands, channels, social media, mobile marketing, discounts, promotions, and offline strategies
- Provide cross-functional partners current updates and changes in customer behavior. Provide potential ramifications of these changes for a traditional retail multi-channel brand
- Migrate Direct Marketing strategy to one that is balanced between traditional push-based marketing and modern marketing
- Lead and continually evolve the E-Mail Marketing program and Social Media / Mobile Media strategy
- Develop customer ROI reporting across all campaigns and channels, optimizing all traditional marketing campaigns across “profit”, “new customers”, “existing customers”, “spend per customer”, and “gross margin dollars per customer”
- Develop a prospect database (social media, mobile marketing, website visitors), a customer database (first-time and second-time buyers), and a loyal buyer database (multi-year, multi-frequency, multi-channel buyers).
- Optimizes the multi-channel customer experience.
- Develop and introduce a database to be used throughout the company that maintains as much as a decade of customer transactions
- Direct Merchandising / Planning
- Executive Team
- Outside Vendors
- Creative Services
- Education/Experience Required:
- 12 years of marketing experience at a leading online brand, retail brand, or catalog brand, with experience at a Director OR VP level
- Demonstrated ability to optimize an e-mail marketing strategy or a catalog marketing strategy around profitability metrics, resulting in a re-allocation of a marketing budget that yielded an annual increase in return-on-investment / profit.
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media and Mobile Media
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)