This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
LONG ISLAND, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with 1-800-Flowers.com in their search for a Vice President of Web Marketing based in Carle Place, NY. This is an unbelievably cool ecommerce career.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM has earned the 2009 Gold Award in the Online Flower Delivery category from TopTenREVIEWS; was listed as a Top Ten Mobile Retailer by Internet Retailer magazine in 2009; and was recognized by
Computerworld magazine as a Premier 100 IT Leader for 2010. The Company's BloomNet® international floral wire service (www.mybloomnet.net) provides a broad range of quality products and value-added services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably.
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. “Gift Shop” also includes gourmet gifts such as popcorn and specialty treats from The Popcorn Factory®;
cookies and baked gifts from Cheryl&Co.®; premium chocolates and confections from Fannie May® confections brands; wine gifts from Ambrosia® and Geerlings&WadeSM; gift baskets from 1-800-BASKETS.COM® as well as Celebrations®, a new premier online destination for fabulous party ideas and planning tips.
Simply put, the senior management team "gets it."
In this role, the individual will lead strategic initiatives for the web marketing and merchandising organization for the consumer floral brand. Specifically, the leader will seek to continuously improve web services, grow key business segments, and develop customer-driven functionalities and be accountable for overall web conversion. The successful candidate will be comfortable working equally as well at both a strategic and tactical level. Specifically, the individual in this role will have the opportunity to impact over $400MM in revenue.
- Manage and develop key user functionality on the website to drive increased revenue and site conversion.
- Work with creative teams to build a better user experience driving increased site conversion
- Work with enterprise platform teams to ensure the needs of the floral brand are being considered in the future designs.
- Build technical requirements and design needs for core strategic initiatives
- Grow and develop web channel revenue
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated passion, commitment, and understanding of the consumer
- Collaborate with and provide direction to a cross-functional team without direct authority.
- Understand and communicate with a diverse set of leaders and associates at various
levels and within various functional areas that impact the business.
- Demonstrate strategic approach to web marketing and development; specifically the
ability to drive creative teams to build a better user experience.
- Demonstrated analytic acumen and proven experience measuring effectiveness of online
programs to drive leads and sales
- Solid collaboration and influence management skills to drive results in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking; strong written communication and creative skills
- Knowledge of Web languages, HTML editors and desktop design programs
- Develop the marketing strategy and plans for websites
- Work with cross-functional marketing teams to develop campaign themes, strategies,
- Integrate new functionality into web customer experience and drive conversion
- Work with the channel/brand managers and other stakeholders to develop campaign plans, themes, and messaging.
- Contribute to the development of the web marketing strategy. Keeps the group abreast of developing technologies and innovative ideas.
- Develop landing pages to optimize website conversion
- Analyze site usage reporting, customer feedback, marketing and competitive research to inform and improve site experience and performance.
- Enhance websites with new ideas/pages/modules to meet business goals, or solve uncovered usability issues
- Work with marketing channels to manage on site customer experience through
creation of landing pages optimized for conversion.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to get work completed is a key success factor
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite and the ability
to learn and utilize internal applications.
- Experience with a web analytics tools such as CoreMetrics, Google Analytics etc. is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in synergy with other teams
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and experience in content and campaign systems a plus
- 8-10 Years managing E-Commerce Marketing for a Multi-Channel Retailer.
- College degree, MBA a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1209 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.