PHILADELPHIA, PA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with LSF Interactive in their search for an Online Media Director to head its Online Media (Display) department. This position can be based in San Francisco, CA, or Philadelphia, PA.
LSF Interactive is a highly responsive technology-focused online marketing and media buying company that leads brands to dominate their industries and generate more revenues per campaign. LSF uses new generation customer-centered, integrated and results-driven digital marketing solutions and services managed by an experienced team of experts and supported by a state-of-the-art reporting platform.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, the 80-people strong LSF Interactive is a division of the LSF Network Group that has offices on two continents and manages more than 250 accounts worldwide including, amongst others, Aramark, GE Capital, Relay Health, Lancome Canada, Lacoste, ClubMed, Calvin Klein and Speedo.
LSF Interactive is seeking an experienced Media Director (in the context herein, media includes primarily display, i.e. banner ad placements, contextual, bizographics and behavioral targeting, retargeting and DSP (Demand-Side Platform) knowledge). It may also include e-mail marketing, sponsorships, contextual marketing, affiliate marketing and more to assume the lead role within LSF’s rapidly expanding Media Department.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, well-organized and hands-on individual with significant experience in both the planning and buying of online media (CPM, CPC and CPA) campaigns. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and experience in the testing and analyzing of advertising copy, landing pages and positioning.
This position will require “big picture” thinking as well as the ability to develop and execute cost-effective media plans for all Company accounts. Working with media research tools that include @Plan and Evaliant, and with a white-labeled DSP real-time bidding platform, additional responsibilities will include the overseeing of campaign trafficking and launches, as well as conduct ongoing analysis with proprietary home-grown media tracking and reporting tools.
One of the primary objectives for the Director role will be in the optimization of the campaigns to meet specific ROI and volume metrics. This role has been designated as a key area for growth, providing the candidate with the ability to become an integral member of the Company and thereby driving the expansion of the Media Department.
This individual will be responsible for determining, negotiating and implementing online media campaigns for a diverse group of clientele and ensure for the accuracy and quality of all outgoing work. More specifically, this individual will:
- Provide proactive research and analysis of the Company’s client’s business, appropriate marketing strategies, etc., to develop online marketing strategies;
- Analyze competitive information for the determination of appropriate and targeted recommendations;
- Develop sound, strategic online campaigns that are based on having a clear understanding of the client’s business functions, and create media plans;
- Participation and contribution in the authoring of creative strategies, presentations, and other related requirements for the successful delivery and execution of client campaigns;
- Develop timelines for each project and/or campaign;
- Oversee placement and proactive maintenance of all buys including the monitoring and analyzing of success metrics to determine if immediate changes are required;
- Manage and motivate intern, research, auditing and traffic groups as well as participate in team strategy sessions;
- Cultivate strong relationships with other departmental counterparts and work with account managers to effectively grow the spend for accounts of varying size.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and organized individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves when necessary, but also possess the ability to “look around the corners” in terms of proactively working with the company’s clientele.
More specifically, this individual must possess many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 7 years in professional online media buying experience;
- Advertising agency experience and experience in vendor negotiations;
- A strong work ethic and a sound eye for detail;
- Hands on working experience with Excel and other MS Office products and 3rd party Ad Serving software (DFA, Atlas DMT, etc,); A DSP platform experience would be a strong plus. Experience with @Plan, Harvest or Evaliant considered a plus as well as any current working relationship with major ad exchanges;
- A Rolodex of contacts at large publishers, ad exchanges and networks;
- A very strong attention to details, presentations, number crunching ability, and excellent mathematic skills;
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, ensure accuracy and quality of all outgoing work and cultivate strong relationships both inside and outside of the Company;
- Ability to establish early credibility throughout organization and across local and national business sectors;
- Demonstrated high energy and ability to implement against business plans to achieve both immediate and long-term goals.
- Experience with Adrelevance and Hitwise considered major plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Please make sure you reference job order number MCM-1207.