This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
CHICAGO, IL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Dyson on their search for an Ecommerce Channel Sales Manager based in Chicago, IL.
To execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the eCommerce Channel that will result in delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
1. Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop strategic plans for channel, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan.
- Forecast at the account and product level as required.
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
2. Develop, manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for
example trade marketing, ecommerce marketing, , IT, accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related paperwork
3. Plan, develop, manage relationships with retailers, current and new
- Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplarily execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best maximize the business; create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channel; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
- Develop new customers and business channels as needed
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
4. Contribute to the national accounts sales team
- Partner with other team members to enhance strategic development of brick & mortar eCommerce sites, as well as support new opportunities as they arise
- Lead team activities, on a rotating basis, as needed
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
5. Develop personal business skills, to enable greater levels of contribution
to the organization
- Seek out assessment and growth opportunities; strive for personal excellence
- Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities; accomplish goals and objectives of business
6. Fulfill other duties as necessary
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree preferred; concentration in business, IT, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience account sales and account management.
- Diverse experience supporting sales, IT, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required.
- Strong track record of budget/quota delivery.
- Experience being an active and high performing member of a team.
Skills / Competencies
- Demonstrates the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives.
- Ability to develop new businesses and new customers. Strong “closing” skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the channel, retailers, and products.
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base.
- Proven ability of negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels.
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence internal contacts and management level decision makers to positively impact decision making.
- Ecommerce specific skills: knowledge of web analytics, web communities, web syndication/web feeds, Web 2.0, ability to unlock the commercial potential on the web
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects.
- Proficiency of documentation and approvals processes.
- Excellent math and analytical skills.
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment.
Ability to accurately demand forecast.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in Excel.
- Demonstrate competency with internal and syndicated systems, data and content organization to support the needs of sales management
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious.
- Full drivers license with good driving record.
Ability to lift a minimum of 30bs.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Applications for this Chicago-based position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1210 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.