This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Express.com in their search for a Senior Creative Designer based in Columbus, OH.
The Sr. Creative Designer is a key member of the creative team who supports the Senior Web Designer. This position will own the development of inspired, original designs for all ecommerce compositions. They must be focused on detail oriented design to make sure the interface is stylistically consistent and accurate. The right candidate is a talented designer, ambitious and passionate about web/interface design who understands the Express Brand.
Looking for: Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, retail environment experience, a strong portfolio demonstrating proven talent through a continuous string of successful projects on the web.
Designers use their exceptional design skills to collaborate with internal partners in concept development, interface design, and website architecture. Designers also work with Interface Developers to design supportive assets (ad units, headers, navigation items, etc.), optimize product images, and document.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create original content that is truly inspired and brand-right.
- Partner with Design Team, Marketing and Merchants in the development of ecomm assets including home pages, banner ads, landing pages, micro sites, etc.
- Develop broad range of creative solutions and concepts that are new, fresh and exciting.
- Passionate about the creative with a eye towards future opportunity.
- Manage project timelines to ensure that email updates are on time and complete.
- Concept seasonal Campaigns
- Deliver creative solutions that are on brand and on time -Work with online team to develop email marketing and banner ad
- Manage multiple tasks within deadline, in an environment of ever-changing priorities and fast paced timelines
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in the design, production and optimization of ecommerce or related creative design field.
- Designers must be talented designers with good verbal and communication skills and excellent knowledge of PhotoShop and ImageReady.
- Candidates should have experience with and knowledge of typography, page layout, information design, and interactive design. Ability to work on Mac Platforms
- Education and/or Experience BFA (or equivalent college degree specializing in design) or equivalent on the job experience.
- Language Skills– must be a clear communicator and be able to present ideas to team members and upper management with confidence. Must be able to accept and process constructive criticism and take instruction in the standards by which we work.
- Reasoning Ability– must be an able to grasp brand and business and explain why a particular design decision supports the client needs.
- Knowledge of video and sound editing preferred.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1213 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.