This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Express.com in their search for a Director of Online Marketing based in Columbus, OH. Express is the sexy, original style in a fun, high-energy environment.
Express is young and independent, but with a three decade history of success. And with more than 20,000 associates, more than 580 stores, and $1.8 billion in annual sales, Express is one of the ten largest specialty brands in the country.
And they’re growing bigger and better every season. Check out their latest line …
Reporting to the Vice President of Ecommerce, the Director of Online Marketing will play a key role in driving the Company’s integrated marketing efforts. The Director of Online Marketing will plan, manage and execute marketing and promotional programs designed to build the brand and build acquisition and retention for Express.com.
The successful candidate will identify and develop programs that ensure our customer acquisition and retention strategies effectively reach and engage prospective customers through search engines, e-mail partnerships, affiliate programs, mobile, social/viral networking and other emerging channels. A primary focus of this role is to manage existing online marketing channels while developing new programs to contribute to the company’s growth.
Responsibilities will include strengthening and improving our existing customer acquisition programs, growing our social media presence and building the mobile program. The candidate will have proven success in strategy creation and leadership. This requires innovation and experience in emerging technologies to complement traditional online acquisition programs.
Candidate will be responsible for interpretation of web analytics to identify gaps/areas of opportunity and provide key data driven insights to influence strategic e-commerce decisions across the brand.
- Manage a team of online marketing professionals; provide leadership, ongoing feedback, effective motivation, performance evaluation, career direction and training of staff members.
- Lead strategic direction and implementation of improvements to paid search, affiliate, display, and email programs with a focus on customer acquisition and traffic growth.
- Grow the Express social media presence through innovation and viral messaging.
- Expand the mobile program as a vital part of Express marketing and support the expansion into mobile commerce
- Partner with direct and brand marketing teams to build cross channel promotions and knowledge share.
- Work closely with creative and reporting/analysis teams to ensure media plans and creative/measurement work are strategically aligned, and business needs are met
- Work closely with web merchandising and creative services teams to develop and deploy brand driven messaging and promotions.
- Utilize reporting tools to track online marketing campaigns
- Produce and publish website performance analysis for senior management’s review.
- Perform external analysis of industry trends and competitor initiatives through primary and secondary research methods.
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years in roles of increasing responsibility in online marketing, preferably in specialty retail.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of interactive media (all channels and pricing models).
- Extensive online advertising/search experience is an absolute requisite; strong background in affiliate and email marketing is important.
- Demonstrated experience with social media and mobile programs
- Management experience is required, with a minimum of 5 years in a management role.
- Proven leadership ability
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of interactive tools and technologies (including DART, Omnniture , Cognos, HItwise, etc.)
- Experience leading internal and external business partners in AB testing, product placement, trend and behavioral customer analysis, and conversion.
- In depth understanding of marketing forecasting, media planning, implementation and performance analysis
- Proficient computer and media research skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Nielsen NetRatings, AdRelevance, etc.)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1214 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.