This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with OnlineShoes.com in their search for a Chief Technology Officer based in Seattle, WA.
Onlineshoes.com is one of the top 5 premier online shoe retailers in the country. They continue to grow their presence in the ecommerce industry, and are looking for the best, and the brightest talent to join their team as they continue on their path of stellar company performance.
The CTO role contributes significantly to the continued growth and success of Onlineshoes.com by anticipating and preparing for the business and technology needs of an Internet retailer and by leading a department of technology professionals to implement those needs. The role requires a strong technical emphasis to develop the core of Onlineshoes.com's site offering and the overall business. The CTO is a key member of the Executive Management team. The role also contributes significantly to the support and the success of the business, ensuring the right scalability for our business, and the technical expertise and ability to assess what technologies and platforms are necessary to achieve the company's growth plans.
- Executive Management team member.
- Participate in the company's overall strategic plan and contribute as an input provider for business initiatives.
- Lead and guide a team of IT professionals to develop technology solutions that meet and/or exceed company business goals.
- Impact technology business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology solutions.
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to the organization.
- Advance opportunities for greater efficiencies for the company by developing technology solutions that better utilize resources.
- Ensure that the organization is in PCI and other regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for overall system stability, visibility, uptime, responsiveness and integrity.
- Maintain high levels of internal customer service.
- Review technology-related acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Actively manage IT vendor relationships to realize scale benefits and maximize system utilization.
- Define and communicate implementation and new operating procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for all new technologies.
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and advance relevant IT skills, capabilities, and teamwork across the organization.
- Pays close attention to leveraging current technologies, and avoid duplication of efforts across the organization.
- 12+ years broad experience as a CTO, CIO, or other senior IT leader for a major online retailer, or related field.
- Strong technical and operational background (implementation, ecommerce websites, call centers, supply chain, inventory, and merchandising systems).
- Proven track record building and managing world class IT teams.
- Quantitative skills in the areas of pre and post-game analysis and budgeting.
- A track record executing significant company wide enterprise integration projects that encompass a wide variety of software and data warehouse tools that affect architecture and standardization.
- Strong understanding of underlying technologies for scalable and high performance systems.
- Technical/mathematical background to understand the existing system architectures, algorithms, and processes.
- Success deploying commercialized solutions.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Collaboration skills that will build consensus and drive change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially with respect to articulating highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Drive to deliver results and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- BA degree in computer science or equivalent discipline.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1212 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.