EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Brady Corporation in their search for an Ecommerce Optimization Manager based in Branford, CT.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Its products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has more than 500,000 customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee and employs more than 7,000 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Brady's fiscal 2009 sales were approximately $1.2 billion.
This position is responsible for helping to continuously improve the Emedco website Usability, Conversion Rate and Average Order Value (AOV) for our new visitors and existing customers across multiple business unit brands.
Emedco, Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of innovative safety and security communication products, located in Williamsville, New York. Emedco provides a one-stop shopping option for customers, with more than 125,000 products in stock for same-day shipping. Products include safety signs, labels and tags, lockout devices, traffic-control products, pipe and valve markers, safety training and awareness products, first-aid products and general workplace safety products for manufacturing, property management, transportation, general maintenance and safety markets.
- Convert more website visitors to buyers while improving overall website usability, using all the tactics described above, and any others.
- Work with the Web Designers and Web Developers to create elements and/or landing pages for which to test, monitor and evaluate outcomes and implement changes.
- Find ways to continue growing Average Order Value.
- Assist in maximizing customer LTV using Relationship Marketing best practices.
- Capture and integrate Voice of Customer and Market Research to help create the ultimate online customer experience.
- Analyze current and historical Analytics on an ongoing basis to identify trends, strengths and weaknesses, and provide business intelligence to upper management.
- Create or enhance website content and email messaging with persuasive content and calls to action.
- Work with the Merchandising team on product merchandising and content development.
- Conduct competitive analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in E-commerce/E-business, Information Technology, Interactive or traditional Marketing, Business or Advertising preferred.
- 7-10 years of full-time oversight and hands-on experience leading usability and conversion improvement efforts for a large company in a transactional e-commerce environment.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in all of the following e-commerce usability, conversion and AOV improvement activities:
- Web Design for E-commerce
- Product Merchandising
- Copywriting for E-commerce
- Buy flow, clickpath/clickstream, and sales funnel analysis
- Capturing and implementing Voice of Customer, using Focus Groups, surveys and other methods
- Abandoned Shopping Cart reduction
- Product upsell, cross-sell, and bundling tactics
- Landing page A/B/N and Multivariate testing using Google Website Optimizer or similar tools.
- Excellent data analysis skills using Google Analytics. Must be able to monitor and evaluate the impact of the optimization efforts.
- Deep understanding of web design elements, Information Architecture, and Persuasion Architecture in an E-commerce setting.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in E-commerce Usability, Conversion rate and AOV improvement methods.
- Excellent communication (including verbal and written), organizational, and project management skills.
- Professionalism and Tenacity: this is a key Senior level position with very high visibility in the organization. Must be dedicated and driven by results.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1216 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.