This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with PennySaver USA in their search for a Director of Web Technology based in Brea, CA.
For 48 years, the Original PennySaver that pioneered the weekly shopping guide has been dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping customers get more for their money. PennySaverUSA.com is one of the largest direct mail shopping publications in the U.S. with over 950 local editions reaching over 11.5 million people online and in print. PennySaverUSA.com is also known as Harte-Hanks Shoppers, a division of Harte-Hanks, Inc. (HHS).
The Director of Web Technology oversees web application development, systems, architecture, and web operations for PennySaverUSA’s expanding BtB digital product offerings, including PowerSites (which provides hosted websites and other services for thousands of small businesses around the country). Also plays key leadership role in overseeing and developing overall future web and mobile technology and architecture strategy across growing BtB and BtC offerings. Position demands strong leadership, organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidate must be able to efficiently and effectively manage multiple external vendors and consultants, communicate with technical and non-technical personnel, and be able to manage multiple stakeholders across department lines. S/he will work to define requirements for an improved online experience and effectively manage a team to deliver technologies to those requirements. Reports to the President of the PennySaverUSA.com WEB unit.
- On an ongoing basis, closely work with internal business team to define requirements for features, enhancements, and new product lines that will provide a best-in-class experience (and increased revenue) for customers of PennySaverUSA’s BtB digital products. Effectively manage web technology team responsible for delivering technologies and solutions to those requirements.
- Oversee both day-to-day operations and larger, time-sensitive projects.
- Lead web technology aspect of any relevant integration projects (e.g. web to internal backoffice, integration with other web or mobile platforms or systems).
- Improve efficiency, data flow, and architecture of systems across entire PennySaverUSA consumer and BtB web network. Designs and implements an integrated web systems infrastructure.
- Work with internal web IT team to properly scope web technology projects and create necessary technical application specifications and other technical documentation needed for development work.
- Oversee web technology projects and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assess technology vendors and manage those relationships effectively.
- Manage web technology budget and resource allocation.
- Own and manage data processing and feed management (both inbound and outbound) related to web systems.
- Oversee e-commerce systems and integration with internal Payment Gateway and other payment services.
- Oversee infrastructure requirements, scalability, and performance improvement efforts across all of PennySaverUSA’s digital offerings.
- Plays a strategic and tactical role in developing, implementing, and managing best practices in web technology functions.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years work experience with at least 7 in web development and 3 in technical project lifecycle management
- Experience managing a technical staff and working with third party technology vendors (in the US and offshore)
- Experience managing an ASP e-commerce or online content management service and/or hosted blog, service and/or social media platform.
- Experience managing multitenant applications and SOA
- Proven track record of success in prioritizing and managing multiple projects, project forecasting, and resource planning.
- Strong project and data management skills
- Good understanding of network concepts
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation and solutions experience
- Sound business sense
- Demonstrated leadership in third party integrations and web to backend office system integrations
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, and problem-solving skills
- Background in Web publishing and e-commerce required
- Prior experience working in a multichannel publishing and/or traditional advertising environment a plus, but not required. MYSQL, PHP, PYTHON, PERL, WebServices, Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server
- Knowledge of SOX, PCI
- Knowledge of CMS Systems, WordPress, Drupal preferred
- Knowledge of .NET a plus
- Understand and enforcement of IT governance policies
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1211 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.