This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. Follow us on Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with 1-800-Flowers.com in their search for a Director of Web Marketing based in Carle Place, NY. This is an unbelievably cool ecommerce career.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM has earned the 2009 Gold Award in the Online Flower Delivery category from TopTenREVIEWS; was listed as a Top Ten Mobile Retailer by Internet Retailer magazine in 2009; and was recognized by
Computerworld magazine as a Premier 100 IT Leader for 2010. The Company’s BloomNet® international floral wire service (www.mybloomnet.net) provides a broad range of quality products and value-added services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably.
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. “Gift Shop” also includes gourmet gifts such as popcorn and specialty treats from The Popcorn Factory®;
cookies and baked gifts from Cheryl&Co.®; premium chocolates and confections from Fannie May® confections brands; wine gifts from Ambrosia® and Geerlings&WadeSM; gift baskets from 1-800-BASKETS.COM® as well as Celebrations®, a new premier online destination for fabulous party ideas and planning tips.
Simply put, the senior management team “gets it.”
In this role, the individual will optimize the marketing on the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM website for conversion, revenue, and profitability. Specifically, this leader will seek to continuously improve web services, functionalities, user interface, navigation flow, and look & feel of the consumer website by working cross-functionally to champion the customer’s needs. The successful candidate will be comfortable working at a high level with the design, technology and management teams within the organization, and making presentations to senior management. Analytical skills are critical for this role as the company is focused on results and wants someone with the big picture vision who can review and adjust their strategy based on site performance.
- Develop the marketing strategy and plans for websites
- Work with cross-functional marketing teams to develop campaign themes, strategies, and tactics
- Integrate new functionality into web customer experience and drive conversion
- Work with the channel/brand managers and other stakeholders to develop campaign plans, themes, and messaging.
- Contribute to the development of the web marketing strategy. Keeps the group abreast of developing technologies and innovative ideas.
- Develop landing pages to optimize website conversion
- Analyze site usage reporting, customer feedback, marketing and competitive research to inform and improve site experience and performance.
- Enhance websites with new ideas/pages/modules to meet business goals, or solve uncovered usability issues
- Work with marketing channels to manage on site customer experience through creation of landing pages optimized for conversion. Skills
- Exude passion for the customer’s user experience
- Manage multiple responsibilities with the talent to shift center of focus from one task to another with minimal challenge.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to a cross-functional team without direct authority.
- Understand and communicate with a diverse set of leaders and associates at various levels and within various functional areas that impact the business.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to get work completed is a key success factor
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite and the ability to learn and utilize internal applications.
- Understanding of software development product lifecycle
- Experience with web analytics tools.
- Ability to work independently and in synergy with other teams
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and experience in content and campaign systems a plus
- 5-7 Years managing E-Commerce Marketing for a Multi-Channel Retailer.
- College degree, MBA a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1218 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.