EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with YMT Vacations in their search for an Ecommerce Manager based in Los Angeles, CA.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
YMT Vacations' business model is based on direct distribution and its ability to secure low-cost tour content through excellent, long-term supplier relationships. YMT provides value-focused tours to retired, middle-class "gray" Americans. Prospects respond to ads placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, direct mail and on-line. Prospect leads are provided to one of three call centers staffed by highly-trained sales associates who convert the leads into customers.
Travcoa is well regarded as a boutique luxury tour operator catering to sophisticated world travelers. The business model relies primarily on retail travel agency sales. Travcoa's marketing consists of direct mail and e-marketing with little consumer and trade advertising. The current growth strategy is to leverage the 55-year old brand name to expand its core escorted journeys and endorse new product lines that cater to a younger more independent traveler.
Responsible for the continued development, management and marketing of current Travcoa and YMT Vacations websites under a common external platform that is consistent with all TUI Expeditions brands. Oversee the planning, testing, development, and execution of fully functioning, interactive, and consumer-driven and travel agent sites. This role spans across a range of marketing applications to support all stages of the customer lifecycle, including promotional efforts, regular announcements and communications, marketing research and ongoing customer service enhancements.
This role will support, develop, and guide Travcoa and YMT Vacations' e-commerce strategy alongside traditional marketing efforts. All electronic channels, e-marketing communications, website content and maintenance, project management, SEO/SEM efforts, vendor management, and supporting strategy implementation will be fulfilled by this position.
Although the primary focus for this position will be leading and overseeing website design, maintenance, marketing and performance, he/she will also support other projects and tasks within the marketing department relating to e-marketing. Position oversees a Web Content Specialist.
- Develop website analytics, specifically Google analytics to constantly improve the site
- Manage SEM efforts, including pay per click, affiliate marketing, paid e-mail/website/newsletter sponsorships. Evaluate pay-per-action model websites such as travel aggregators and/or travel portals for ROI potential.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for SEO and offsite promotions to build traffic to Travcoa and YMT Vacations' websites. Develop strategy for electronic public relations, including the use of internal resources and/or external vendors to increase visibility for both company urls in travel sites, blogs, discussion groups, tour vendors, travel/tourism boards, and other reputable sites.
- Evaluate the use of social networks in strategies based on fit with customer segments and potential ROI opportunities. Develop link-building strategies, encouraging the distribution of activities to entire staff.
- Incorporate new features on site, such as live chat capabilities, an expanded travel community (includes, but not limited to, an interactive consumer forum, blogs, etc.), and a Responsible Leadership section.
- Research various methods in which the site can be constantly utilized to meet the needs of our consumers and choose options that meet the demand and requirements of the business.
- Evaluate, develop and manage an e-marketing solution (i.e., Dialog) to increase the functionality of online bookings, incorporating emails lists into the system to support the ease of marketing campaigns and also to ensure the information is transferred into Travel Studio.
- Assist in the development of capabilities for e-marketing. Management of this project includes list pulls, assignment of content, and coordinating with others to proof and send e-newsletter.
- Create and sustain vendor relationships, freelancers, and external resources to ensure on-time project delivery and quality, as needed.
- Liaise with existing business partners to cross promote services. Seeks new partnership opportunities that enhance online and offline marketing efforts, particularly supporting customer acquisition strategies.
- Implement comprehensive online (SEO, PPC, etc.) reporting analytics to measure ROI.
- Utilize technology to improve customer service, marketing efficiencies, and reduce operating costs by providing timely information/resources to customers through online channels. Expand strategy to support all stages of customer lifecycle including both pre- and post-travel marketing.
- Responsible for daily website content management. Manage content for website is inclusive of pricing, itineraries, tour information, company information, etc.
- Ensure branding is consistent with all marketing collateral and communicated to the consumer as such.
- Liaise with TUI sister companies to share knowledge, expertise and troubleshoot.
- Ensure the planning for website content is positioned to meet business requirements.
- Liaise with the hosting vendor and other third party technical resources to support the site.
- Responsible for consistent use of e-marketing solution to market products.
- Consistently ensure that data captured from web analytics are utilized and incorporated to drive lead generation and future web development.
- Stay current on web technologies and trends in order to advise and recommend approaches for web site development. Take initiative and lead projects to ensure that the web site is continually being developed to meet its goals.
- Manage the responsibilities of the Web Content Specialist to ensure the effective and timely presentation of all online content.
- 3-5 years experience in web marketing and communications
- BA/BS or higher education in marketing, communications or related field
- Project management experience is an asset
- Strong PC skills, including standard office productivity tools (MS Office, MS Project) – Vignette
- Deep knowledge of SEO and SEM
- Training, education and experience in Internet and E-Commerce, E-Marketing and Marketing Media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks with a variety of clients and team members
- Creative, "out of the box" mentality
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, including presentation skills)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Solid ability to deliver to expectations
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Able to make decisions using a fact-based approach.
- Staff includes in-house Web Content Specialist and access to Marketing Coordinator.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1219 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.