This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with nTelos in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Waynesboro, VA.
nTelos is a leading provider of wireless and wireline communications
services to consumers and businesses in Virginia and West Virginia under
the nTelos brand name. nTelos' wireless operations are composed of an branded retail business and a wholesale business that operates under an exclusive contract with
Sprint Nextel Corp. Founded in 1897, the nTelos wireline business and its
predecessor organizations have a long history of providing exceptional
telephone service in rural Virginia.
The Director of E-commerce is accountable for envisioning, creating and delivering a best in class e-commerce web strategy and team for a regional telecommunications company. The position will be tasked with defining and managing the electronic means to promote the NTELOS brand with marketing and product planning teams, crafting a web roadmap and designing a blueprint that supports revenue and self-care web activities across all ntelos.com websites.
This position will be fully responsible for creating operational web strategies based on product development, electronic content, user experience, and site optimization, P&L ownership of the enterprise e-commerce team, and leading partnering with product planning functions in support of ntelos.com.
The Director of E-commerce is part of NTELOS’ IT management team and shares responsibility with NTELOS’ business unit’s owners tasked with e-commerce revenue and profitability growth.
- Responsible for defining E-commerce requirements and tactical plan by selecting components of the technology platform and partnerships that will satisfy the E-commerce strategy.
- Responsible for partnerships with internal teams to drive sales volume and customer self-care via the web channel.
- Directly support the delivery of existing web projects to their committed deliverable dates.
- Support streamlined solutions that deliver well integrated, best in class functionality and user experience.
- Create an operational plan, inclusive of internal and external staffing needs, designed to improve our user experience and grow the web channel.
- Work with Directors of IT to manage existing and new technology partner relationships and efforts while seeking ways to reduce delivery costs.
- Work closely with key business leaders (VPs and Directors) to define strategy for business applications and processes.
- Proactively engage leaders to assure cross business unit and cross functional solutions.
- Manage within the annual capital and operating budgets except where alternative funding is provided.
- Work within the NTELOS approved SDLC and SOX Control structures.
The leader of E-commerce shall have the following qualifications (summary):
- Proven success in E-commerce development at a service oriented company of regional scale and size.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Web architecture experience.
- Commerce (Cart) in a service oriented business.
- Search engine optimization experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services from four year college or university and a minimum of 7+ years of experience in an E-commerce role with 5+ years developing large scale E-commerce applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self-starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1204 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.