This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with The Vermont Country Store in their search for an E-commerce Merchandising Manager based in Manchester, VT.
The Vermont Country Store (VCS), an Orton Family business, is a premier employer in South-Central Vermont with over 60 years of experience exciting and delighting customers and employees alike. The company focuses on "selling products that don't come back to people who do." VCS catalogs, Web site, and stores are stocked to the rafters with a combination of more than 5,600 old-time products that are useful today,
and brand name products that bring back memories and traditions.
The e-commerce manager will provide strategic merchandising direction for the e-commerce business. The Manager will create a cohesive seasonal assortment of products to make VermontCountryStore.com a destination website and will be accountable for achieving company objectives in regard to sales, expenses, and profitability.
- Drive strategy for e-commerce site merchandising, including assortment planning
and management, pricing, promotion, and production presentation to deliver a brand appropriate assortment
- Develop and execute a plan to integrate the Internet Channel into the catalog merchandising seasonal planning process. Establish the Internet as a growth channel and testing platform for new product, online exclusives, new channels and store fronts.
- Communicate the merchandising seasonal plan for e-commerce (E-Commerce Merchandising
Operations, Internet Marketing, Creative Services) so that all team members are able to create their plans with alignment to the company merchandise objectives
- Work with buyers to develop cohesive assortments, competitively priced to achieve established sales and margin goals
- Ensure brand integrity throughout planning and implementation of e-commerce initiatives
- Review merchandise reporting on weekly and monthly basis and collaborate in seasonal analysis meetings
- Shop competition to identify new trends and ensure pricing strategy is competitive. In addition, to understand how the VermontCountryStore.com assortment compares with key competitors in each category
- Work with the Marketing Team in the development of the user experience, new marketing opportunities, and new functionality and infrastructure needs to deliver a top-performing, brand-enhancing online shopping experience
- Supervise and ensure proper training and development of one or more Assistant Merchandising Managers for the e-commerce business
- 3-5 years of online merchandising experience
- 7+ years experience in retail, preferably apparel(ready to wear)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have experience with web analytics, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have proven experience in driving change and creating support across an organization
- Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be flexible and have the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1198 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.